Week 2 of full time stay at home mom life. It has been a good couple of days. I think it actually started on Saturday night. Since we spend A LOT of time at home now, Al had the great idea that we would wait and have a nice meal after all the kids went to bed. The only down side is that we broke every "healthy eating" rule by eating WAY past 7pm!! Al out did himself by going grocery shopping (I hate doing this) and getting everything we needed for a lovely evening. Steak, grilled asparagus, fresh corn, and wonderful wine - what could be better? I even remembered to take a B1 vitamin so that the mosquitoes wouldn't eat me alive (thank you Amy Kaspar for that tip!) By 8:45 pm we had 3 kids scrubbed cleaned, kissed and tucked in bed and by 9:15 we sat down to a wonderful dinner.
With being gone 3 weeks to Alabama, it had taken me a while to get back into the groove of life in Texas and with Al. Saturday night bridged the gap. We sat outside talking until late (like 10:30 people!) about all sorts of things - kids, the house, jobs, my trip etc. We had few dishes to be done and by 11pm we were in bed. Thanks to the wine, I was out like a light.
Sunday we were back at the church we love and the rest of the day was spent relaxing (including an hour by the pool while the kids napped). Al got to go to the Mavs game and I called it a night early (well, it was supposed to be until I started playing around on Photoshop!)
Yesterday was a great day for me and the kiddos. The babies were happy and Ely was a big helper. Thanks to the help of my mom, he has learned to make up his own bed and can do it all by himself!! I am one of those people who like to have a made up bed every day :) Each day I am getting better at striking a balance between getting work done, spending time with the babies and playing with Ely. Some parts of the day is better than others but so far we are doing okay. Ely loves to help so that is nice. I even managed to make a full meal - and not something pulled out of the freezer! We had Italian Pot Roast (if you want a fabulous pot roast without a lot of effort, go to Myrecipes.com). Ely helped with the crescent rolls and we had ourselves a legitimate dinner!
Today was a pretty good day. This afternoon we had the babies 4 month appointment (I will do a separate post about that) and I was trying hard to get them to have a good morning nap since I knew their afternoon nap would be rudely interrupted by a doctors visit and shots! I have decided the harder you strive to get the babies down at a certain time for a nap the longer it takes them to go to sleep and the more restless they nap! Oh well!
The babies had a bit of roll reversal today - Luke was not a happy camper most of the day and Molly was all smiles. We had a nice visit from Leah, Leslie Ann (Graham's girlfriend) and Graham today. Leah and LA had come to the house to watch Ely while I was at the doctors and then Graham came after work. Ely loves those people!!! He was so excited to see all of them. I am so glad we have family close that can be a part of my kids lives!
I captured this moment after lunch today...notice babies are not crying and Ely is entertaining himself!
No comments:
Post a Comment