This has been a great weekend and I dont have a single picture to show for it!
Friday evening started with a family picnic and play time at Colleyville Splash Pad. It is so fun. I have heard that it gets crowded during the day but we have gone twice at 6pm and it is not crowded and is not too hot for the twins. Ely has a blast running through the fountains. This week we have a platdate with a friend from Primrose and I can't wait to see him have fun with Bella. Anyway, Al made a special effort to be home from work early so we could all go and it was such a fun way to spend a couple of hours together.
After the splash pad I got to go to a Photoshop class taught by Amy Kaspar. She did so much to prepare-even had handouts! Coupled with wine and fun friends, it was a great girls night!
Saturday was a long day of work. Al worked through the heat and did a lot of yard work while I worked inside getting food ready for the rest of the weekend. I made a red velvet cake for Emily's graduation party and worked ahead on pizza dough for HomeTeam. I have decided the worst thing about making a layer cake-when one pan comes out fine and the other sticks to the pan and crumbles when you turn it out. Thankfully, Al ran to the grocery for me to make and extra 1/2 recipe so that I could finish. It was my first red velvet cake and it wasn't half bad. The cake didnt compare to Nothing Bundt Cake's red velvet but the icing was spot on. In fact I can use the cream cheese icing recipe for my home made cinnamon rolls!
Saturday night was spent at Jane and Scott's celebrating Emily's high school graduation. We are so proud of her and can't wait to see her go off to Auburn for a wonderful 4 years! It is always a challenge to go somewhere in the evening with the twins, but we loaded the car with 2 pack n plays, 2 bouncy seats, pjs, bottles, and the rest of our house and headed to Plano. It looked like we were staying for weeks and not just the 3 hours we were there! Jane and Scott were wonderful host and hostess as always and we had a great time celebrating Emily. Ely had a blast, as always, playing with his cousins. We are so thankful to have Jane, Scott, Emily and Grant so close.
Sunday, we played hooky from church so that Al and I could spend some one on one time with Ely. George and Lindsey Buckmaster were sweet to invite us on their boat for a few hours of fun in the sun. After a yummy lunch we rushed home to get ready to have HomeTeam at our house. Huge thank you to Leah, Graham, and Leslie Ann for watching the twins for us and helping me get ready for our pizza night.
As always, HomeTeam was a delight as we were able to catch up with our dear friends. Being gone all of May, I missed everyone so much! Homemade pizzas turned out good but there was too much hands-on work durning the Bible study. Oh well, lesson learned!
My night has ended after playing "real baseball" with Ely and watching the Mavs win the NBA championship. I am tired and already looking forward to a nap tomorrow!
We had so much fun with you guys at the lake! We can't wait to do it again soon. I bet your pizzas were delish! We'll have to get together again during the day sometime in the next few weeks :)
ReplyDelete