Blog background

Thursday, June 16, 2011

A Conversation with a 4 year old

Let me preface this by saying, I am very lucky because I have a 4 year old who still naps or at least has quiet time for 2 hours each afternoon.  Yes, I recognize that each day of this is a gift :)

Today we had a pool party with our cousins, Emily and Grant and Graham's girlfriend, Leslie Ann.  It was so fun and a huge help to have some extra sets of hands around.  Anyway, here was our conversation today before nap and after a couple of hours of hard swimming.

Me: Ely, it is time to go for a nap.
Ely: How long do I have to sleep for?
Me: 2 hours
Ely: How about 1 hour?
Me: Well, I will let you come down after an hour an a half.
Ely: Well, maybe 2 hours.  I will probably sleep the whole time.

I love a tired little boy who loves to sleep :)  I also love my 2 hours of quiet when all 3 kiddos are snoozing.

No comments:

Post a Comment