It has been a bit cooler in Texas the last two days - only mid 90's for the high instead of around 104!! Today we were able to go on a nice 1 hour long walk during the babies 5pm nap. It was great to be outside. I will say, I think the best way to get a good walk in is to put Ely in his monster truck and try to keep up with him. Boy did I sweat today!
On Friday we leave for our annual HomeTeam retreat. As I type this I realize I have not dedicated a blog to our HomeTeam yet. I must do this as these friends are our oldest in Dallas. We have been newly weds together, have had kids together, lost parents together, rejoiced together and struggled together. Al and I have been part of this group for 9 years and we consider it one of God's great gifts to us and our marriage. Anyway - I will post more on that later :)
Back on track...each year we go on a retreat and this is our 2nd year to hit up Canton, TX. Not for trade
days but for some good old friend and family bonding. In preparation of this trip, I am making my homemade cinnamon rolls for breakfast on Saturday. Ely and I started the 3 day process tonight and I can't wait to enjoy them on Saturday. I have taken this recipe from The Pioneer Woman blog and then the icing is from Southern Living. I can taste it already and can't wait to share it with everyone!
I can't wait for the weekend and I am sure there will be fun stories to post. This time last year we had just found out we were pregnant with the twins. Boy, did this year go by in a blink of an eye!! (PS - we are sharing a cabin with our brave friends, Tom and Stacy Panno. Yes, there will be 7 of us in a 400 sq ft house!)
No comments:
Post a Comment