We have connected with one of our neighbors who has 3 small children, the oldest of which is Ely's age. Marsha, the mom, is fabulous and I swear I could chat with her all day! Our first play date was at the park. Although we met there to help break the ice with the kids, it was not a huge success. Leyton and Ely didn't exactly play together. Harrison (her middle son) was happy to play with Ely. Ending the playdate with lunch at Chick Fil A was fun for everyone.
We did a second play date at Marsha's house. They have a Wii and Ely instantly has a new best friend :) The kids all played great together and Marsha and I got a chance to get to know on another - in between entertaining the twins, and her youngest daughter, Erin Elizabeth. I love that they live in our neighborhood and an afternoon visit is only a short walk away.
I was able to get out on TWO girls nights last week. It was wonderful. Tuesday, 11 girls went to see The Help. If you haven't seen it, please go. It is an amazing movie that is very true to the fabulous book it was based off of. I have a blog started but can't seem to the the adequate words to fully review the movie. Al was sweet to be in charge of the kids again Thursday night so that I could go out with my new friend, Marsha, and her group of friends. It was a wonderful night of good food, good wine and great conversation. Although I only knew Marsha out of the 13 women, it was wonderful to join therm!!
Saturday we had the BEST play date with two of Ely's friends from Primrose Bedford. Since we left in May, Ely has been missing his friends. After all summer of trying to set something up, Ely, Ari and Addy were finally able to have their play date. Complete with the daddies :) We went to the Ft. Worth Childrens Museum and it was the perfect indoor play area. The kids were just about beaming they were so excited to see each other. Thank you, Shawna for planning this fun outing and making it happen. I am already looking forward to the next get together!
| Precious Trace ready for a fun day at the museum |
| Ari, Addy and Ely ready for fun |
| I think the dads had as much fun as the kids! |
| Al, Brent and Sudahkar - the Plate Spinners |
A huge thanks to Jane, Scott and Grant for watching the twins so that Al and I could have some quality time with Ely on Saturday! Rumor has it, they didn't think the twins were as much work as they were fun :)
No comments:
Post a Comment