As the summer heat lingers on, I find myself in that end of summer slump I have heard some stay at home moms talk about. The one where the kids are getting bored and driving you crazy and you start counting the days until school (or preschool, in my case) starts. It is still too hot to play outside but staying inside seems like the worst option in the world. Basically feeling discontent with my life.
Today in our Sunday School class, we were talking about worldliness and what that means in our everyday life. A sweet woman whom I have enjoyed getting to know said something that struck my heart. She said that worldliness is being discontent with the things in your life. And if you allow discontent in your life you will miss the blessings that are abounding around you.
Boy did I need to hear that. I don't want to have to do any more laundry, or wash dishes, or have to keep covering up Molly's cute clothes with bibs because all she does is spit up all day long. I don't want to have to fuss at Ely for not listening or back talking or disobeying me. I want Al to do the laundry or the dishes, but honestly that is not his job. He works many more than 40 hours a week to support our family of 5. My job is the dishes and the laundry and to ease some of his burden when he walks through the door. That is what my life is right now. This is what I have always wanted.
So starting tonight I am going to start counting my blessings rather than count the number of bibs I am washing each day.
- I have an amazing husband that supports me unconditionally. He walks through the door every day and takes Ely off my hands. He helps with the babies. And after dinner is done, the kids are asleep (which he has put Ely to bed) he has to do the bills, worry about the grass and all of his other responsibilities.
- I have an amazing 4 year old who is growing, thriving and healthy. He loves to be around other kids and enjoys playing with me. He loves all things sports and his grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins with a love that is undeniable.
- I have 2 precious 6 month olds who are truly a miracle from above. I had a healthy pregnancy for 37 weeks and delivered a set of perfectly healthy twins. They are now coming into an amazing phase of development and growth. They want to interact and play. Al, Ely and I make their worlds complete.
- I have a self sacrificing mother who does everything in her power to support and love each of her daughters, sons in law and grandchildren. She spends all of her time and much of her money flying or driving from one daughter to the next so that she can be involved in each of our lives.
- I have 2 wonderful sisters who share this same phase of our lives. We are all married with young children. We have learned to laugh together, cry together and most importantly - we have learned to be friends and enjoy one another
- I have in-laws who love my family like none other. They love spending time with Ely to grow their relationship and to give me a break from parenting when they can.
- I have the most amazing friends a girl could want. From childhood, college and adult hood - I have met women who I love like sisters and I can really "do life" with. Whether a phone call or a short drive a way - I am bless beyond measure.
This blog is not to brag or to boast or gloat - I hope it will be a bookmark in my life when my outlook changes.
| I am blessed! |
No comments:
Post a Comment