| 6 Months! |
Although I knew I was having a boy and a girl and I "knew" they were two individual babies, I don't think I had really prepared myself for the task of learning each of them separately. I never thought about them eating differently and how that would mean they would sleep differently. I have said many times that I had never heard of moms of multiples wishing for the newborn stage back and I can honestly say I know why. It was hard, real hard.
I am so thankful for where I am now, where we are as a family. I am trying hard every day to remember this precious time. I need to pull out the video camera (I say that everyday!) to capture this time on tape. Luke is just starting to sit up and Molly is really engaging anyone who will give her just a moment of attention! They smile, laugh and enjoy playing. Their favorite activity is the exersaucer and can be entertained for quite a while. In the late afternoons we play Baby Boost video to keep them enertained while I bathe the other one. They love, love splashing in the bath and can get the kitchen soaking wet with all of their play! As soon as they are both sitting up, I am going to move them to the big tub.
We will go in 3 week for their check ups and I will update their stats then, but for now...
LUKE:
Luke is sitting up and (at least for a short period of time) loves his new view of the world and can play with toys so much easier. He doesn't mind tummy time at all. He is still a tummy sleeper but does not like it when he flips over in the middle of the night! I have to go and roll him right back over. He is proficient at finding his paci and soothing himself when in the crib. I still help him with it from time to time but not nearly as much as before. Luke also loves his Jumperoo. He can bounce and bounce and bounce. He has even fallen asleep in it! Luke is still larger than Molly by a couple of pounds, I would imagine. He is almost completely out of 6 month clothes. It always amazes me how babies grow this first year. I am glad that Luke is larger than Molly-I have visions of my boys protecting their little sister for years to come!
So proud of himself |
MOLLY:
Molly is growing more and more precious everyday. Al and I are really starting to enjoy her more and more. She smiles at the site of mommy, daddy, Luke or Ely. We don't have to work quite as hard to get her to smile anymore. She is starting to laugh and "talk" just like Luke. More often you can get a great belly laugh out of her! She doesn't show much interest in sitting right now but we are working on it. She is enjoying tummy time but tires of it quicker than Luke. She is still our snuggle bug and is happiest when being held. Her favorite place is when she is center of attention! She is starting to reach out and touch faces Molly is still a wisp of a girl. She is much smaller than Luke and is fitting nicely in her 6 month clothes. Molly is still sucking her thumb but she has never curled her fingers into a fist while doing it. I need to get a picture of this b/c when she is sucking her thumb the rest of her fingers are spread out along her cheek. She will still suck the left or right, showing no preference between the two. Molly is still our "happy spitter". I tire of seeing her in so many bibs because she would just have too many clothes changes if I didn't have a bib on her 90% of the time. I am hoping this slows down as we get more solid foods in her. After she turned 5 months and I bragged about her mad napping skills all over the internet, she has decided she doesn't need to nap as she once did. She will still take 2 naps but only one will be a long one and you never know which she will pick to be her good nap of the day. She is still sleeping great at night, so I am not going to complain - just go with it! Molly's favorite toy is a Sophie giraffe. She loves to chew and suck on it. Luke has one as well but he doesn't love it like Miss Molly.
Both babies love to smile. Luke has a funny smile that is more like a grin. Molly, on the other hand, has a huge, open mouth smile that makes me laugh out loud!
Luke is now bored and wants to get on with his day...


No comments:
Post a Comment