Blog background

Thursday, August 4, 2011

In the spotlight

I am not as great about posting stories of Ely as I should be. So, this is all about Ely and our summer together.

With the babies turning 6 months, we also celebrate the 3 month anniversary of Ely being home with me full time. Having him home has been better and busier than I could have imagined. The best part of the summer has been watching Ely interact with and love on the babies. He loves them so much. We talk A LOT about being gentle with the babies.

The challenge has come with my little ball of energy wanting me to be his constant playmate. We are working on quiet time and playing alone, but I do love that he loves to hang out with me. One day it won't be that way!

Some of Ely's favorite things:

  • Baseball
  • TV-he gets it honest, but that kid could spend ALL day watching PBS Kids or Disney channel (Wild Kratts is his most favorite these days)
  • computers-loves watching Disney cartoons or playing games when he doesn't get to watch TV!
  • Board Games-we have played a countless number of Yatzee, Candy Land, Chutes and Ladders, Dominos, Monopoly Jr., Kids Rummy, puzzles and go fish).  We are working on not being a sneaky cheat!
  • Older boys- he is crazy about hanging out with older boys-Chase Panno and our neighbor, Colten are high on the list
  • Wii-the only thing better than hanging out with the big boys is playing the Wii with older kids!
  • Helping in the kitchen-he loves to help make noodles, cookies, apple sauce, etc. He is about to learn to help make baby food!


We have enjoyed exploring the parks of Colleyville and Grapevine. We haven't found one we don't like. We loved the "tree park" behind the Colleyville library, the splash pad at McDowell park and the shade trees of Parr Park. I just can't wait until we have cooler weather and we can enjoy being outside even more!
Enjoying a picnic at Parr Park

Babies at the park - okay, I can't NOT include them since they were there :)

Our summer has been so much better than I had expected. That being said, this mama is looking forward to preschool starting on September 6th!! Before that, we are looking forward to more playdates, a visit from cousins Cindy and Andrea Wherry, and a trip to Alabama for Grammy's lake house and Auburn football).

No comments:

Post a Comment