Blog background

Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Summer....has been hot!

This summer has flown by but we still have one more month of Texas heat before September comes and we see 95 again on the thermometer!!!

We have gotten into a bit of a rut routine around the Amerson house.  Most days are spent around the house trying to stay cool.  The babies are up and fed around 7:30.  By around 9 they are back to sleep and Ely is ready to play "real baseball".  We play for about 30 minutes outside and then come back in and do laundry/dishes/bed making for a bit.  Babies eat, Ely and I eat, time for rest and then we fill the afternoon with board games until Daddy gets home.  Are you jealous yet?

I am, admitedly, getting a bit stir crazy in the house.  As the babies are getting a wee bit older, I am getting them out some in the early afternoon when the temp is only 98 and not yet the 103 it is around 5pm!

We had a break from our routine with Vacation Bible School at FBC Coppell, my mom came to visit for a few days and then VBS at Compass Christian Church in Colleyville.  These were welcome interuptions to the schedule.

Ely and I spent our evenings at FBC Coppell, July 11-15.  It was Ely's first VBS and he loved it.  I volunteered as a group leader so that Ely could do the pre-school program.  It was wonderful for both of us.  I was able to meet and talk with some great women during the week.  Ely enjoyed learning about Paul and the underground Church.  The best part of the week is that the church offered meals prior to VBS each night - 5 nights without cooking dinner!  Al and Leah helped watch the twins all week so that Ely and I could do VBS - it was great to have time with him each day.

Mom came to visit last week and we all enjoyed having her.  It was her shortest trip to Texas since the babies have been born and that 4 day trip went by too fast.  Luckily we will be visiting her in Alabama at the end of the month for about 10 days.  Mom was able to spend some quality time with all the kids while she was here.  She and Ely had a special Grammy/Ely day including breakfast at the Original Pancake House, story time at the library and going to see Winnie the Pooh.  It was a fun filled day.  We tried to do Lego Land one day but the line was way long.  We got a picture and then headed across the way to the SeaLife aquarium.  It was a nice small aquarium and I think Ely really enjoyed it!  The trip was complete with a trip to Tutti Frutti yogurt shop - everyone loves a build your own yogurt!
Mom was excited she could still hold both the babies at one time!

Grammy and Ely enjoying some Tutti Fruitti

All of what we saw at Legoland!

We moved onto the aquarium!


Molly was into the fish!



I started this post last week and it is still sitting here.  Today is Tuesday, June 2nd and we are on day 31 of 100+F heat in Dallas.  It is simply crazy.

I do want to give a shout out to Compass Church in Colleyville.  Ely went to their VBS last week and had so much fun.  He was in a class with Campbell and Rilee with Campbell's dad, Matt as a leader.  He had a BLAST and can't wait to go back next year.   Good thing he will be going to Compass for pre-school in September!!

No comments:

Post a Comment