Blog background

Monday, August 22, 2011

Catching up - with friends, family and the blog!

Every time I get caught up on my blogs, I think that I won't get behind again...low and behold, I am here!!

Some things haven't changed much in the last two weeks...it is still hot, we are still running out of ways to entertain ourselves at home and the babies (including Ely) make us smile everyday.

Last week we had a special treat of wonderfully, fun visitors. The best part is the visits were all planned pretty last minute so they were a welcome break from the monotony we have found ourselves in.

Our dear friends, the Pentons, are home on their annual trip to the States. Andy is working on am overseas assignment for work and Kimia and their precious children live with him in the Middle East. Kimia, Luke and Ana came over for a few hours so that we could catch up on what is going on. They were able to meet Molly and my Luke. Ana is such a good babysitter. I can't wait for them to move back for good-I might just have Ana come and help me with the kids. I admire sweet Kimia more than most any other woman I know. Her dedication to the Lord and her family are nothing but inspiring. She is a dear friend and even after a year of only a few emails exchanged, she closes the gap in an instant with a warm hug and candid conversation. My little Luke is enthralled with Kimia. I think it is her beautiful voice!
Kimia and Luke, Ana and Molly
The very next day, our Florida family came for a perfectly timed visit. While Al was out of town for 3 days for work, Cindy and Andrea Wherry came to hang out with me and the kids. (Cindy is married to my mom's cousin and Andrea is their daughter). The babies loved having individual attention and Ely loved the new playmate! I enjoyed an hour trip to Target with Andrea and no children! Although their visit was short, it was wonderful. We can't wait to see them again in October at mom's family reunion. I am hoping that Andrea will get an internship in Dallas and live with us a few months next year. Andrea and Cindy-come back anytime. I will have the Dr. Pepper ready and waiting!
Andrea, Molly and Luke
Cindy Molly and Luke

Fast forward two weeks and we were able to have another wonderful visit with the entire Penton family.  There is nothing sweeter than conversation around a dinner table followed by watching your kids play and play.  I was amazed at how Ely and Luke played like they were best friends.  It certainly was a wonderful evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment