Blog background

Monday, December 12, 2011

The tree is up!


With officially 2 weeks to enjoy it, we finally have our tree in the house and decorated.  Friday was purchasing it, Saturday was getting it in the house and Sunday was decorating it! To add to the fun, it happen that my cousin, Brett, is in Dallas for work and he came over on Sunday to visit. He helped entertain the little ones while Ely and I got the tree all prettied up! I just wish I had taken some pictures of the progress! Oh well, maybe next time.

Putting up the tree is one of my favorite things to do all year. Al and I typically have a "discussion" over the lights... I want more, he wants less but after that it is simply a walk down memory lane. I doubt I will ever have a "pretty tree"- you know, the ones that have matching ornaments, beautiful bows, etc but I love my tree nine the less. Each ornament has meaning and is valuable to me. I have ones that Al and I made when we were each little, ones from our trips together, and now any gaps are filled with our kids ornaments. Some of my faorite ornament have been given to me by my college room mates each year. I hope Ely, Luke and Molly grow to enjoy this little tradition as much as I did growing up. I still remember the ornaments that meant a lot to my parents and how much I enjoyed hearing their stories year after year.
 I

We have old ones (that's me!)
New ones
Ornaments to remind us of our fabulous trips
About 15 Auburn themed ones

And just plain fun ones

No comments:

Post a Comment