Blog background

Sunday, December 4, 2011

So I stopped


Today has been a great day.  It has been cold and rainy all day.  After church, we opted to come home for lunch rather than getting the babies out for one more stop in the cold.  When I came home, I remembered we were running late this morning and I left the kitchen and house in a mess - I mean, bomb gone off kind of mess.  After lunch ( and the additional dishes) I felt myself slipping into a "I am going to have to spend my entire day cleaning" funk.  Then, Al lit a fire.

I love a fire, especially one that lasts all day long.  It is a rare event that we have a fire during the middle of the day.  I hurried and finished the dishes and figured I have all week to do the laundry, picking up, gift wrapping, etc.  I snuggled under my favorite pink blanket with a new book and promptly took an hour nap.  

In my book, Sundays are for stopping and trying to do nothing.  It is my favorite part of winter and I hope to do it more each week!

Stay warm!

No comments:

Post a Comment