I swear it was just yesterday that I was posting their 9 month pictures and looking forward to a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday. I have blinked and now I am writing their 10 month update. All I can say is, wow!
The babies are doing great. They have more than survived their first road trip to Alabama...with flying colors, I might add. They are both proficient in crawling and are everywhere, literally! I am lucky that I can still get some pack n play time for them and they will play nicely for a while so I can get dishes done! The playroom upstairs continues to be their "happy place". We are able to ease the worst of moods by just going upstairs. I love it because they can crawl around without getting dog hair all over them!
We are moving on to more and more "finger foods". So far they love mac and cheese, hot dogs, vegetable chowder, and grilled cheese. Cheerios make an appearance at almost every meal! Molly is a great eater and loves to feed herself. Luke, on the other hand, prefers to be spoon fed. He has been a bit slower in catching onto the chewing thing, but he is doing much better and doesn't gag as much. We are working hard to use sippy cups (I am trying the ones with straws and the ones without). I am determined to have them off bottles at 1 year and I now only have 2 months to do that :)
November has issued many a cough and snotty nose. We are getting over our 3 bout with croup but at least it is less dramatic each time they have it. I am very thankful all 5 Amersons were healthy during our trip to Alabama - hardly even a runny nose.
Both babies have grown rather attached to me. They prefer mama over just about everyone. It can be a bit frustrating for Al when he is trying to help me out. We are working through it and hope it isn't a long lived phase.
Our sweet twin moment of the month came when they were sitting at lunch last week and Luke reached out and held Molly's hand. She looked at him with the biggest smile. These moments make all the double crying worth it!
I look at the twins and can't believe it has almost been a year since they were born. I remember this part (a year ago) of my pregnancy like it was yesterday. I was on my last few weeks of work, and on the couch just about from the moment I got home each day. Al was a dream with Ely. We went to church each week and I sat for more and more of the songs each week.
Molly
As you can tell in pictures we are doing more bows and accessories with our little bit. Now that it is winter, her lower half has layers of diapers, tights, and diaper covers. I think it is precious; however, Al still doesn't understand what all the girl fuss is about! Looking at the pictures below, I wonder if the bows are too big for her head. Oh well. Speaking of head - she has the craziest hair. The majority of the time it sticks up all over the place. It looks to be a bit thin, so I am anxious to see how it all grows in.
Although Molly still isn't saying what she is "supposed to" at this age (ma, ga, da, etc), She is getting more verbal. She was the first to learn to clap! Her little smile is infectious. She is still our little bit and feels light as a feather compared to her brother.
Luke
Bubba. This little guy loves to be held and loved on. Well, I guess they both do :) Luke is our chunk and probably still a solid 4 or more pounds more than Molly. This is a mama's boy. It does warm my heart to see him get so excited to see me. I sometimes wish he would get that excited for Al to pick him up :)
Luke is our little chatter box and loves to "talk" all the time. He laughs a ton and just seems to enjoy life. He loves to be with Ely and watch him be a crazy big brother. I think they are going to be buddies as they get older.
Brother love - I have NEVER seen a brother love his siblings like Ely.
Our schedule:
7:30 - rise and shine, 8oz bottle
8:15ish - breakfast (mainly baby oatmeal still, they don't like big people oatmeal at all)
9:30 - naps (1-2 hours)
11:30 - lunch
2:30 - 6oz bottle
3:00 - naps (1-2 hours)
5:00 - dinner
6:00 - baths
7:00 - bottle and bed.
My next update will be my 2nd to last. Wow. I hope we are almost done with jar foods and making progress with sippy cups. We will be able to report on the babies first Christmas. I can't wait to see what this month holds!
No comments:
Post a Comment