Blog background

Thursday, December 1, 2011

December 1st

It is here, finally. Christmas. I love this time of year. I love cold, wet days, fireplaces glowing with warmth, broken-in sweat shirts, thick socks, stockings hanging on the mantle, garland hanging anywhere I can attach it, baking Christmas cookies, shopping for toys, guilt free hot chocolate, the spirit of Santa Claus, a beautifully decorated church, Christmas carols and songs in every store I walk in, nativity scenes. I could go on and on and on.

I have 25 days to soak this all in. Today is day 1. I have my decorations hung and just waiting on the tree we will get this weekend. Ely and I kicked off the month by baking our favorite M&M cookies while listening to Christmas music. We had so much fun.
My little chef!
Last night Al and I mapped out our family activities for the month-breakfast with Santa, pictures with Santa at the Gaylord, looking at Christmas lights, the trains at North Park, just spending time together. I can't wait. This fall has been so busy that at the end of each month I have felt as though we have had very limited family time together. Not this month, not this year. It is all about togetherness (except for the occasional girls nights!).

My goal is that for the next 24 days I do something special and "Christmasy" each day and hopefully I will capture it on the blog.

Merry Christmas! Enjoy it, it is only once a year!!

No comments:

Post a Comment