Blog background

Thursday, December 6, 2012

On the sixth day of Christmas...

I am pooped.  It has been a long day and a long week and I feel like it is just starting!!  We had made plans to meet some of our kindergarten friends families at the Grapevine Parade of Lights tonight but as the day drug on and on, I was beginning to rethink this "fun" activity.  After all, the parade didn't even start until 7pm (the precise time the twins go to bed) and I heard it lasted about 2 hours.  I knew the drive there and the drive home would be miserable, but I was just praying the the lights would provide enough entertainment.  I am so glad I pushed through, because tonight was really a great way to end really rough day.  This is the first year I had heard about this wonderful parade.  It had about 100 floats and was the best community parade I have seen.  Ely had a blast with 5 of his classmates and I enjoyed watching him with his friends and with his brother and sister.  Al and I were able to take a moment and just watch him love on little Molly.  I will say, his teacher scored even more points today when she sought out our crazy crew and spent about half of half of the parade sitting with her biggest fans.

I was right - the ride to the parade was miserable (the kids were hungry) and the ride home was tough (everyone was exhausted at 9:30pm) but the parade will now be an annual tradition for our family!!  The worst part is I forgot both my cameras and the iPhone is not great in the dark.  I was holding Luke a good bit of the night so neither of us made any pictures.  I hope to snag some of our friends who had a camera there!

Andres, Leyton and Ely, the boys

Ely, Leyton, Andres, Chloe and Avery



Molly spent about half the parade in Ely's lap.  Love 

Mrs. Hill and her Motley Crew!

No comments:

Post a Comment