Blog background

Saturday, December 1, 2012

On the first day of Christmas...

This is my attempt to blog each day of this month.  It is a lofty goal and I hope to capture at least 1 special holiday moment each day...

We started out like gang busters today!  Al is off hunting (for work) and I recruited a babysitter so I could have a girls day out.  I have wanted to see the  Rockettes in Dallas ever since we moved to town. This was the year!  I had 3 ladies join me for a fun few hours of kid free, Christmas cheer!  I had seen the Christmas Spectacular show once in 1996 when Dad took us to NYC for Thanksgiving.  The show in Grand Prairie did not disappoint!


With Lisa Floyd, Kimia P an Leah Amerson
 We also were able to start our advent calendar today.  I had this made last year by Jessica Turner at Applicutie.  I loved it last year and I love it even more this time around!


To end the day (and after Ely had a birthday party to attend), we went to our neighborhood park for the annual Christmas party.  The last few years it got rained out so we were excited for some really beautiful weather to hang out with friends.  I feel like we are so very luck to live in Woodland Hills.  We have met so many families with young kids just in the last 6 months and it is even more fun to do things now that we know more people!
The party started with a few tears over Santa.  I am sure I will be in MANY Santa pictures this year!

Sprinting to the park!
I am the crazy woman who took two one-year olds and four six-year olds on the ride by myself.  They were all great and I had the big boys singing carols the whole way!


No comments:

Post a Comment