Blog background

Monday, September 10, 2012

Me...

As often happens in these blogs, I write a lot about the kids, some about Al and very little about me.  Well, I just did something REALLY big and wanted to document it.  I am going to fulfill one of my goals for 2012 - Run a 1/2 Marathon.

I have been back and forth on this since putting it in writing in January.  I was doing great with running and then lost my running partner and decided to start back at bootcamp.  I did a 3-5 day a week boot camp February -August and loved it just as much as I did before I got pregnant with the twins.  I have now stopped bootcamp and have joined Lifetime Fitness.  When I went on the tour a month ago, I really didn't want to like it.  But, it does really live up to all the hype.  The 2 hours a day of childcare is wonderful and I don't feel like I am taking away from the babies or being selfish with my time, since they have so much fun playing.

I had lost all of my pre-pregnancy weight by the first of the year but I had about 30 pound to loose (Ely's pregnancy weight).  Although I was working out like crazy, I did a good job of eating whatever I wanted as well.  When I went to Alabama in May, Ashley and Mom helped me kick off a world of better eating.  Although I am not as strict on Paleo as I once was, I am so glad to report I have lost about 21 pounds.  I would love to loose another 9 but I am very happy for where I am.

So, I am a believer that if you write something down it is more likely to happen, here is my plan for the next 8 weeks:

Monday - weight resistance class at Lifetime
Tuesday - run either outside or on treadmill
Wednesday - off, I am just too busy!
Thursday - run either outside or on treadmill
Friday - weight resistance class
Saturday - run outside

As I was typing this, Ashley reminded me that 11/11 is the UGA game at Auburn.  I guess I will need to figure all of that out, seems as though I have double booked myself :)

On a bright note, I was in need of new jeans (thankfully, none of mine from last year fit anymore) and sweet Joanna went shopping with me yesterday.  3 jeans and about 7 tops later, I am ready for fall!

And, since no blog is official with out a picture, here is one from last month on a dinner date with the Buckmasters.  I will never be as small as Lindsey but I am comfortable in my own skin - I'd say that is progress :)


No comments:

Post a Comment