It is January 10th and I think I am about a month behind! How is it possible to start the new year all ready behind when I don't even have to get up and go to an "outside" job every day. Crazy. After traveling for both Thanksgiving and Christmas I am enjoying being home for a while! I have a to do list a mile long and am trying to be a bit more organized in 2012 and have a productive year. It isn't off to such a great start yet, but there is still hope!
Here is what has been going on lately and my to do list! (I promise I will be doing an 11 month blog of the twins and a Christmas post this week!)
1. We are home! I love seeing my family and going on trips but after this fall I am glad to be home for a while. With getting home I have had the overwhelming task of getting the house in order. First was getting the Christmas decorations boxed up and in the attic. It only took me about a week to get it done but at least I have that to do done! I still have to get all of the kids Christmas toys in the right place. I plan to have some put out of site until this summer when we will need new and fresh toys to play with.
2. With the babies turning 11 months last week, I am trying to plan their 1st birthday party. As with Ely's, it is going to be very low key and primarily family. I have been excited about the theme for the better part of 6 months! Mardi Gras! This is one of the few years that I can do a Mardi Gras theme and it still be cute and appropriate. The invitations are being printed as we speak and I have ordered a birthday banner (first time to do this!). I have most of the gifts bought but need to work on favors. I am thrilled to give Molly her very first doll.
3. Ely is back at Compass Christian preschool and couldn't wait to see his friends after the break. I don't think I have ever mentioned it on the blog, but he loves his school and his friends. I was worried since he had been at Primrose for so long but it has been a great place for him. In about a month I will be registering the twins for a 2 day a week program starting in September and then a few months after that, I guess I will be getting information for Ely's kindergarten. Next year will be a big year for all of us!
4. I have made a bold statement that I want to run a half-marathon before the end of 2012. I am starting with a 10K training program but as soon as I started we have had cold and rainy mornings. I am pleased with the weight I have lost so far after the twins but I still have more to go. If we are going to have any other kids I want to get these runs behind me. Just to say I did it! I am not sure if I will make a half but I sure want to try!
5. I am a working woman again (at least sometimes!). Since this summer I have been helping a couple of wedding planners in Dallas assisting with weddings when they needed it. I love helping both amazing companies - DFW Events and Paige Chennault Events. These women are awesome. It is great to be out of the house a couple of nights a month and helping with something that I love - weddings. Well, my former boss has asked me to help plan her daughters wedding in February. I am so excited about this couple and being a part of their day. It is a huge leap from assisting on Saturdays to all out planning for 2 months but I can't be more thrilled!
6. Our year has not started out great for little Luke. Since mid December he has been throwing up randomly and now has stopped eating table food (only will eat pureed veggies, fruit, etc). On top of that, he has gotten a sinus infection. Overall he has just felt crummy. We are keeping a food journal now and have an appointment to see a GI doctor next week. I am hoping the antibiotics for his sinus infection makes him feel better and the GI doctor can help our eating issues.
7. We are finally going to finish the office! I am so excited. We have been wanting to get a desk for the last 3 years and pulled the trigger on Saturday. Al got a new TV from mom for Christmas and that is going to be hung and then we will be all set with a finished room. A trip to Canton will hopefully help us complete the room with a little table to set a cable box on. I can't wait to have it finished!
8. Home repairs. After 3 years of being in our house we have a few things that need to be to be fixed/repaired. Since neither Al nor I have a handyman gene in our body, the handyman has been called and we are getting all of this little stuff taken care of!
9. Carpel Tunnel. Yuck! I had it in both hands with the twins and it went away after about 12 weeks. It is back with a vengeance in my right hand and I am not able to sleep at night because of it. If anyone has a good referral in Dallas, I would love to know about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment