The last month has flown by with the world wind of Christmas. The twins did their part to add to the excitement as well!
11 months and growing like little weeds! Thanks to an unexpected visit to the pediatrician this week, I know the babies 11 months weights - Molly is a booming 17 pounds and Luke is a solid 19.3. Molly is closing the gap!
Luke's month was all about the mouth! He got his 5th and 6th teeth (both on top) as well as learned to drink a sippy cup with a straw! One step closer to getting off bottles. I love it!
Luke has been much more of a mommy's boy this month. A big reason for this is he hasn't felt his best. He has had random bouts of vomitting that started December 14th. By the end of the month and early in January he has almost stopped eating finger foods completely preferring purred veggies instead. We have an appointment with a GI doctor next week to hopefully get him feeling all better. He has had his second visit to the Urgent Care with a high fever (104.2) that was diagnosed as a potential virus. I have been playing a lot of guessing games with him and his health lately. No wonder, he has been so clingy. I hope that he is his bright, cheery self by this time next month.
![]() |
| At Urgent Care 12/19. He just looks hot! |
Molly has had a very busy month! She has gotten 2 more teeth and working on #5 and #6 as she turned 11 months. She has finally started "talking". There was much celebration over her first "ba" and "da" and "ma". Her favorite sound now is "die die die". The doctor had me a bit concerned at her 9 month check that she wasn't making "words" as Luke was. Turns out she is just a late bloomer in this area. But, not to worry, she is light years ahead of brother in the physical developments. She has learned to stand on her own. She can stand for about 10 seconds before getting so proud of herself it knocks her off of her feet! She is starting to take steps when holding onto the couch. I don't think either baby will be walking at their first birthday but I will be shocked if Molly is not the first to make those first steps.
Molly took about 3 weeks longer than Luke but is also drinking from a sippy cup. I can't tell you how ready I am to not have bottles around the house. I am trying to not get ahead of myself but I can see a future that doesn't include bottle cleaning!
Molly is just plain fun and loves to play. She loves music and I think will be a dancer. Her favorite toys are those that light up and play a tune. We spend hours in the playroom each day and they love it. I am a bit overwhelmed with toys and have a great plan to organize and rotate them. We will see if that ever happens!
Molly girl still loves her thumb. So much, in fact, the only picture I could get with her smiling was one with her thumb in her mouth!
Oh, and there is that one picture where she is smiling at something very funny...
or maybe, it was someone...
The babies are/were eating most all table food. They still love veggies. They won't eat fruit unless it is pureed. I hope to get their tummies feeling better so that I can switch them to milk next month without any reaction. We are still at 2 bottles a day, 3 meals and 1 snack.
I saw a 6 month old at the pediatrician's office on Tuesday and couldn't believe how big the babies looked compared to that little one. I love this time of amazing growth and development but I know it only causes the time to slip away faster.
Oh and their schedules haven't changed much:
7:00am - wake and play in crib
7:30am - bottles
8:15ish - breakfast (oatmeal and fruit)
9am - take Ely to preschool
9:30 - babies down for a nap
11am - wake up and play
11:30 - 12: lunch time
2pm - pick Ely up from school
2:30 or 3pm - naptime
5pm - Dinner
6pm - bathtime
7pm - bottle and bed. See you in the morning!
I can't wait to see where they are this time next month. Only one more monthly update to go! I am shocked I have kept up with this since I stopped taking Ely's pictures after about 3 months!

No comments:
Post a Comment