Blog background

Sunday, January 22, 2012

The newest Amerson addition

Well, I wasn't sure when it would happen, but I knew it would at some point.  We have yet another pet!   (I will leave you in suspense!)

We had a great family weekend!  (well, as I have started writing and re-read this, I realized I had a great friend weekend as much as family - I guess it was the perfect balance!)  It started out a little rough with having to miss an after-school play date at our favorite yogurt shop.  Without going into the gory details or making Ely look too bad, lets just say he had a rough week at school and ended with making some bad decisions at school.  We are now working on the concept of respect with him!

After that bump in the road, we looked forward to a great weekend starting with some time with our favorite friends, the Buckmasters and Sudbecks.  The girls went out to dinner and the boys hung at our house with the kiddos.  Don't feel too sorry for them because they had a great time (I think they had as much "girl talk" as the girls did!).  After the girls got home from a yummy dinner at Brios, we all hung out for another hour or so before calling it at night.

Saturday morning while Ely was off playing baseball with his Grandpa and Uncle Scotty, the babies and I had a wonderful, long visit with Lisa and her precious baby Ian.  I can't believe the ONLY picture I took while they were here was of MY kids.  How silly.  Trust me, Ian is precious! Being only 5 weeks younger than the twins, they are just starting to be at a fun age where they can play together (or at least have fun playing next to each other!)  My kids loved having someone new around who was their own size.  We introduced Ian to the wonders of hot dogs, Baby Boost DVD and Push Around Buggies - his life will never be the same!
The ONLY picture I took while Ian was here was of my kids watching Baby Boost!

After Lisa and Ian left, we loaded up the kids and headed to the Fort Worth Stock Show and Rodeo.  We have been several times over the last 10 years and with beautiful weather, it was a great afternoon outing.  We watched a couple of cow shows, saw lots of animals and ate the YUMMIEST funnel cake,ever!  Ely loves carnival games and prizes.  The highlight (for Ely) was winning his new pet - Nemo, the fish!!!  Honestly when Al bought the tickets for the game, he never thought Ely would actually win a fish, but low and behold, we are now proud fish owners.  I have a horrible feeling it is going to not have the longest lift here at our house!  

One other note about the Sock Show...Al was perfectly dressed with his jeans and Carhart coat on.  I swear, if one man was wearing one, then now fewer than 100 were!  Oh, and I don't think their are many twins out on farms.  We have NEVER gotten so many comments about having twins than we did yesterday.  It got to be pretty comical!


I just love how the twins are always entertained by their brother!
My goofball.  

All of our new treasures


Could this kid be ANY happier?


Sunday brought beautiful weather and a great morning of worship at FBC Coppell.  I can't tell you how much I love this church.  If anyone is reading this blog and looking for a church home, please talk to me about FBC Coppell!!!  I grabbed a few shots of my lovelies after church!


Tonight was our night to host our HomeTeam.  It has been great getting back to regular meetings and even better when they are in the comfort of my own home!  Al was a huge help with grocery shopping and preparing a few of the dishes.  I am glad the meatloaf went over well!!

I am looking ahead at a HUGE to do list to get ready for the twins first birthday party.  Even though it is not a huge party it is so signifiant to us and I can't wait for it to get here!  Does anyone know where I can find frozen crawfish???

No comments:

Post a Comment