Blog background

Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Lets take a moment to remember

I have several blogs I am wanting to catch up on - Christmas, the babies 11 months update, etc.  However, we must stop to remember where it all began.

Is it really 15?  15 Years?  15 Years since my and Al's first date?  Shockingly, yes.  It dawned on me this afternoon that it was January 11th and after doing some quick math, I realized it has been 15 years since the first time Al picked me up in his little 2 door Lexus SC300 at Boyd Hall.  Mind you, this was the first car that I had ridden in with a 12 disk CD changer!!!  Unfortunately for Al, that was what I was MOST impressed with that night!  Although fireworks did not shoot through the air that night, I am so glad Al decided to ask me out again (and he is excited that I wanted to go to a fraternity formal so desperately, I didn't care who it was with!).

It is hard to believe 15 years have gone by.  We have seen amazing places in the world, celebrated graduations (Al, twice), share the pain of loss, experienced the joy of bringing babies into this world three times and laughed almost every day.  The best part is, we have done this all together.  It is crazy that I have now spent almost as much of my life with Al as I had without him.  I wouldn't change a thing about it (except maybe that awful flannel shirt with one too many buttons unbuttoned he wore that first night!)

I couldn't tell you where Yellowrock (the annual party) was that night but we had dinner at Ruby Tuesdays with his pledge class and their dates before the social.

Al's newly inducted FH pledge class... Every single one of them was younger and thinner than they are now!
Where is Bill?
A quick shout out to Wes and Selwyn Kelley who also share 1/11/97 as their first date as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment