Next Tuesday (9/11) is the day I have waited for since, probably, September 2011! I love, love my babies and I have loved, loved being home with them full time. I have seen them grow every day and have watched them learn to sit up, crawl, walk and play together. I have participated in every struggle of learning the next "new thing" and celebrated the victory of each and every first. The biggest thing I have learned the last 19 months was just how lucky I am to have the opportunity to be at home full time. I hate to think that I "missed" out on things with Ely but it certainly was a whole different lifestyle when he was young than what we have now. I have had precious time with Ely as well since we decided to pull him out of full time daycare in May 2011.
But - with all of the joy I have had spending all my time with the babies (I chose to not talk about the struggles here, but if you have read any of these posts, you know we have had our fair share), I am so excited for them to start at Compass Christian Preschool on Tuesday. We found this wonderful program for Ely's pre-K class last year and we just love the teachers, the Christian environment, and the location. The babies will start in the 1's class on Tuesday and will go Tuesday and Thursday 9am-2pm. That is 10 hours a week!
While the twins learn to obey other adults, walk in a line, nap in a new place, share toys and how not to hit (Molly), I will be able to go to the doctor, get my teeth cleaned, have my eyes checked, go Christmas shopping and so many other things ALL BY MYSELF! I can't wait! I truly think that the twins will enjoy their time playing with 6 other kids we will all be happier to see each other after a 5 hour break! With a new school, comes new germs, viruses and all that fun stuff. We will push through all of that and really have a great year!
Today Molly and Luke got to meet their teachers, Mrs. Billie Jean and Mrs. Denise and see their new room. They walked in like big people and started playing immediately! There are 6 girls and 2 boys in the class. I guess the little boys will quickly learn who rules the roost!!
 |
| Our sweet teachers |
 |
| Luke still needed his blankie for a few minutes |
 |
| Trying to "share" the car - this ended with Molly hitting Luke on the head and him crying (nice first impression!) |
 |
| Much happier when she doesn't have to share with brother! |
No comments:
Post a Comment