Blog background

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Go big or go home!

I am not sure what it is with us, but Al and I tend to go over board when planning activities.  We try to have low key weekends and are sometimes successful.  This last weekend was not one of them.  We decided to invite one of our friends kids over to give the parents a bit of a break and have some fun playmates for our kids.  It turned into us inviting 3 extra kids to spend all day and night at our house!  Yes, that is 6 kids under one roof for 22 hours.

Hadley, Hunter and Harleigh came over on Saturday morning.  We had planned this weekend because neither Al or I had plans.  Well, Al had traveled on Thursday and Friday for work and was supposed to be home on Friday night.  His flight was cancelled so he didn't get home until about 1:30.  We had arranged for the kids to come at 11am so I was "winging it" for 2.5 hours.  All 6 kids were wonderful and we had a blast - the entire stay.  But, boy, I was glad when Al walked through the door with food!

Here is what we did.


  • played Wii
  • played Monopoly Jr.
  • played t-ball
  • baked crookies (or crownies)
  • went to see Ice Age 3
  • went to park/splash pad
  • had a pizza dinner
  • 6 bathes/showers
  • everyone asleep by 9pm - at which time, I put myself to bed as well!
Even though it was a great day, I never fully realized how tiring it was to keep the kids having fun.  I can't imagine how exhausting it would have been had they been having bad days!


My kitchen helpers, Harleigh and Hunter

Big game of Monopoly Jr.  
Best part of baking is licking the spoons!

ready for the movie!

3 Little Monkeys

Sweet Harleigh
Not so bad for a picture with 6 kids!














No comments:

Post a Comment