Blog background

Sunday, September 16, 2012

Ely is 6!!


I am sure 100% of parents have some moment each year when they realize their kids are another year older and are not sure just what happened to the last 365 days.  That is where I am today.  Ely turned 6 on Thursday and we have celebrated every day since then.  I swear he was born yesterday but low an behold, he is well on his way to growing up.

I find it increasingly hard to parent older kids.  Ely has many more good days than bad but I feel like time is fleeting for me to teach him all the important life lessons - why it is important to be nice to other kids, respecting all adults, how to participate in a church service and learn how to worship (and why we do), how to be a good sport, how to stick up for himself but not be overly aggressive, the importance of responding to adults when they speak....  the list goes on and on.

I get overwhelmed thinking about all of this, so I stop thinking about it and start looking at pictures - just because it is more fun!!!

Thursday - he is 6!!!
We surprised Ely by coming to lunch at school.  Al and Ely are goofballs!
Time for presents - a new Foosball table is the big one! 


I wasn't sure if Ely would like it so I love this picture capturing his surprise and delight!


His new DSi - he loves it!

The $1.00 Silly String was a huge hit


Celebrating with dessert BEFORE dinner!

Big girl wanted to feed herself!



Ely wanted a bowling party and boy was it a huge hit with the kids!  Main Event did a great job and after explaining to the boys it was not a wrestling party but a bowling party, we were good to go!  I was a little shocked when not even 3 minutes after we arrived all the boys were dog-piling on each other.
Ely, Ari and Harrison

Ely was smiling the entire time.  With Charis, Price and Harrison



It is always a party with Maw Maw, Nannie Jane and Cousin Grant!

What a fun group of kiddos!

This is the perfect picture for Saturday - he was crazy!



Maw Maw and her big boy!

Some of our sweet Primrose friend - Carter, Blake and Addyson.  So thankful of their friendships!

Molly and Luke loved the arcade games!

Ely and Matthew played a mean game of air hockey!

At home, checking out his gifts.  He got a bunch of fun toys!


The celebration continued on Sunday when Al and Ely went to the Rangers game.  Ely caught a foul ball and they were on TV!  What a great way to end the birthday week.  


No comments:

Post a Comment