Blog background

Monday, October 1, 2012

Fall break - in Alabama

Our family of five packed up for our annual visit to Auburn for the LSU football game.  Although we typically go for 2-3 games, this year we are only taking the kids to one game.  Auburn was able to provide a decent game and although we didn't win, the team at least showed up to play (this can't be said of some of our other games).  We had a great time at mom's lake house celebrating birthdays and enjoyed a beautiful day in Auburn.  It truly is the loveliest village on the Plains.  It always feels like home.  Ely had a great time with all of his cousins over the weekend.  We missed Ashely and Mike but they were celebrating their 10th anniversary at the beach.  I am pretty sure they didn't miss us!

Friday visit to Toomers for some lemonade!
Birthday people (me, Ely and Anna Beth)




Sweet cousins


LOVE the fake smiles.  They look like they are in pain!
Grammy's 7 grands.  




After the weekend in Auburn, I was able to stay in Trussville for a few more days with mom.  Al willingly took Ely back to Dallas on Sunday night and was in charge of him for 4 days.  I am proud to say Ely and our neighbor Joseph (who we carpool with) were at school on time each day!  Leah was a huge help and watched Ely in the afternoons so Al didn't have to take off work too early.

Back in Trussville, we played, I had lunch with friends, went on some great runs and just relaxed and enjoyed mom's help.  Mom came back to Dallas with me for the weekend to see Ely play t-ball.  Unfortunately the game was rained out, but we had fun anyway!  We had such a good time relaxing, I didn't take all that many pictures!  I am sure mom has more, though!








No comments:

Post a Comment