Blog background

Monday, October 8, 2012

20 months

My 18 month update still hasn't happened for the twins. I really don't have an excuse other than procrastination! They are now 20 months and 5 days.  I have a hard time thinking that in just 4 months we will be celebrating their 2nd birthday.  I see 2 year olds running around and just can't imagine my babies will be that big!  I know my perception is a bit askew.  Each time I cuddle one of them at night, I am blown away how long their body has gotten and they take up my entire torso and more.

Here are some highlights from their 18 month doctors appointment.

Molly: 20 lbs, 8 oz (rocking the 5th percentile) and 31" (30th percentile)
Luke: 23 lbs, 12oz (all the way to the 20th percentile) and 32" (40%)

Verbal - At 19 months, Molly said her first, clear and direct word "mama".  She will repeat it and call out for me (especially if she is upset).  She can also say "duck" when she sees one (but she doesn't like to repeat it!).  Luke is the strong, silent type.  He has yet to murmur his first word.  I know he is fully able to communicate because he follows commands so very well.  He can also shake his head with great authority when he doesn't want something.  I am praying that he will start to talk soon and am hoping that this "delay" will translate into more fluent sentences once he does decide to share the thoughts in his little head!  There is still a lot of frustration for all parties when it comes to communication.  They know exactly what they want but get so mad when they can't tell me outright!

Teeth - Molly and Luke are both working on their 4 incisor teeth.  Molly has cut 1 and Luke is about to cut 2 at the same time.  I can't wait until they are all in.

Health - knock on wood, the babies have both been very healthy even starting day care.  I know the germs will come and we will have our fair share of ambiguous viruses to fight.  Right now, I am just enjoying this little gift!

Speaking of daycare - it is going great.  The babies both walk right into the room without turning around to say goodbye.  They play and have a great time for the entire 5 hours each day they are there. The only drawback is that they only sleep about an hour each day.  This makes for a long afternoon but my 5 hours of alone time is well worth that little snag.

Motoring around - Our big motor skill development is that both Molly and Luke have learned to crawl down the stairs.  They have known how to go up for quite a while but now they have learned there is a way to get down the stairs.  It is helpful to not have to carry both of them; however, I can no longer count on them playing contently upstairs when they know I am downstairs cooking or trying to get something done.

They both love to read and take turns getting books for me.  They love Elmo and Mickey and most any cartoon that Ely is watching.  Molly is turning into the accessory queen and anytime she sees a bow lying about, she insists that it goes in her hair - on Sunday we had 4 in at one time!  Luke loves balls and bats - he is all boy.  He also loves to "play" the Wii with Ely.  He can swing a remote with a passion!  They both love to be outside running free.  We have a great time at parks, feeding ducks and just about anytime they aren't confound to a stroller!  Both babies know most of their body parts and have a great time pointing them out!

That is about all I can think to share right now.  I will end with a picture from their 20 month birthday and two videos I took the other day.  We love these babies and I can't imagine our family without them!






No comments:

Post a Comment