Blog background

Sunday, April 1, 2012

Babes and Bluebonnets

Bring on April.  In my humble opinion, when you take a Sunday with perfect weather and a great church to attend and then you add lunch at Babe's and Texas bluebonnets, you have a near perfect day!  That was our day.  Yes, we had our fair share of crying, fighting, whining and a 5 year old who got in trouble at church but we still managed to rise above and enjoy our time together as a family of 5.  

Lunch at Babe's - it was the twins first time and they loved the biscuits, chicken, creamed corn 
and mashed potatoes - it was a hit!



that is one happy boy

This is just before Molly's breakdown!

Ely's picture of the bluebonnets

It is great having a 5 year old photographer!

 Having pictures made in a vast field of bluebonnets is one of my favorite Texas traditions.  


Thanks to my new tripod we were able to get a full family photo!




Note to self - do not wear white pants when sitting in a field of bluebonnets.
 Luckily Shelley taught me all of her stain removal secrets and my pants are white again!


A random side note.  I have a habit (not sure if it is bad or not) of stopping by our computer and checking my google reader blog feed several times a day.  I am starting to love the few post updates that I see during the weekends.  I hope that means that all of those people I follow are out enjoying their family and friends and not worrying too much about sharing those details with the rest of us :)  I also love Mondays when a lot of people get caught back up - it is fun reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment