Blog background

Sunday, April 1, 2012

We are big people now - good news and bad

I have been thinking about turning the babies car seats around for a while.  The new "recommendation" is that babies face backwards until 20 pounds and 2 years old.  Since this isn't a law, I am just not that patient.  I am having to drive Al's car for the week, so when I moved the car seats, I decided to try facing the seats forward.  I love it!  Here are our big people and their new view of the world!  For the time being Ely is loving being on the same row as the babies - although they are not as keen on all of his affection! 



The bad news of the post is the reason why I am driving Al's car.  On Thursday I mis-judged my turn into the garage and sideswiped the van on the house.  The house won.  The really sad thing is, I have done this same thing in my old car.  I am so mad and frustrated with myself.  The money I earned from working a wedding in February was supposed to go to curtains for the house and now, it is going to paint and body work on the van.  I typically wouldn't have been so compelled to get it fixed but the van is only 3 months old.  So. frustrating.  I hope this is a lesson learned - only time will tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment