Blog background

Thursday, March 1, 2012

Bring on March!

North Texas ushered in March with temperatures in the 80's. Boy, was I ready to get the babies outside and in the sun! I am now ready for spring weather and all the outfits I have for the babies (yes, they are most all matching!). Although I wanted to get out first thing this morning, the babies told me otherwise-after several meltdowns, I knew that morning naps could not be postponed. It was worth it. With 2 happier babies and a cute big brother helper, we went to the park after pre-school. It was a perfect day. Warm, light wind and armed with snacks. The babies has as much fun as Ely (who is turning out to be a budding photographer-he took most of the pictures below!). They love the swings and the small slides. I got my exercise by running from the steps to the slide and back again. As soon as one baby was safe, the other was trying to climb up the slide and then the safe one was headed down the stairs. Over and over!











The park wore us all out so while the babies napped, Ely rested and I caught up on blogs (can you tell?). The day wasn't over without one more trip outside. We had our first dusk walk. Well, maybe not our first, but certainly a wonderful one and certainly the first one of March 2012! I wish I had brought my camera, but maybe if I had I wouldn't have fully engaged in my kids. Picture this... Molly is strapped into the pink car and Luke is ridding shotgun with Ely in his truck. Ely has his arm wrapped lovingly and protectively around Luke so that he won't be knocked around too much. Molly and I started down the drive first. I turned around just in time to see pure joy and love on my sons' faces. I pray this moment is burned in my memory forever. For the first time I got a glimpse of their brotherhood. A relationship that I pray is strong-stronger than friends, girlfriends, disagreements or conflicts. They chose each other tonight. Tonight took my breath away. Just about 10 minutes later, I notice Luke has his little head cocked all the way back. I am not sure if he was checking out the trees or moon or just letting the fresh air kiss his cheeks. But, I am absolutely positive that he felt completely safe and secure sitting next to his big brother. I am confident that Molly and Luke will always be close and have always hoped that Ely would be able to find his place among them. As the babies grow, I have no doubt they will all 3 have a special relationship with each other.

Molly was so content on the walk. Content with being alone in her little push car, content with being close to me, content with feeling the wind on her face and content knowing her brothers were there, close and ready to provide a laugh!

A few observations about the kids... Ely is so excited about t-ball he can't stand it. He gives me the daily countdown until his first game! His version of trying to read is looking at the pictures and tring to interprete them without actually looking at the words! Teaching him to read and sound out words is JUST like this Friends episode.

As much as Molly and Luke love being outside, swinging and taking a bath (not all at the same time) they hate having their diaper changed with the same passion! You would think something horrible happened to them on the changing table, but I promise nothing has. It is the weirdest thing. They twist and turn and cry every time. It is crazy. I can't keep Molly and Luke off the stairs. Before I can get to them, after each meal, they make a bee line to the stairs and end up in their room or the playroom. Their squeals, laughter, and constant looking back to check on the other one or me crack me up.

It is really a fun time for all of us. Al wasn't been mentioned yet because he is starting March off in Breckinridge, CO on a work ski trip. If I didn't love him I would hate him - he really does get to do pretty awesome stuff. We will welcome him back on Saturday with warmer weather! This month will be action packed-t-ball, the Haisten family ski trip, I have started Bootcamp again, and if the weather stays warm, we will spend as much time outdoors as we can.

No comments:

Post a Comment