We had great family time last weekend as we officially said goodbye to winter (I think!). After 80s and sunshine early in the week, rain and cold weather came back to the Big D. On Friday night Ely spent the night with Leah and had an all night card playing good time. Al and I put the twins to bed and we had a quiet dinner and movie night. I do believe we both fell asleep before the movie was actually over (around 10pm - we are party animals!).
Saturday morning we woke up to rain and it stayed with us all day. It was wonderfully cozy. After the babies ate, we brought them in bed to play. We haven't done that in months and months. I think all 4 of us enjoyed that time together. I decided it was time to get off my toosh and go for a run. I am trying to add 1/2 mile each week to get to a 10K in May. It has been a couple of months since I ran so I didn't run all 3.5 miles, but I did probably run 3. It was rainy and cold so I figure it was good enough! We loaded the babies up and headed to Arlington to lunch at Rudy's. Yumm-O. Boy, Luke loves him some creamed corn! After lunch was Mommy, Daddy, Ely time. We went to see The Lorax. It was a great way to spend the afternoon. The movie was super cute although the previews for upcoming movies were very scary - which was weird for the audience. Anyway. Saturday ended with lighting what will probably be the the last fire of the season. It was so cozy.
| Ready for the big show! |
Sunday, although a typical day, was a big day with Molly taking some new steps - 5 total! I haven't gotten it on camera but she is certainly learning to walk! We played on our new slide/climber set which the babies love! I am so glad I set it up under the patio so that we can enjoy it despite the weather!
Monday, we hung out in Grapevine with the Kaspars. Complete with a picnic lunch and yogurt dessert, it was fun to be back in the sun! I will say that a picnic with two 1 year olds is rather a challenge. I will stick with more finger foods to fill them up - they were all over the place! Amy was a gem to have Ely come and play with Rilee afterwards. They had a blast and I got to take a nap - woohoo.
Yesterday was a fun filled day at Dallas Blooms. Carly and her kids braved the crowds and shuttle bus with us us and although it was a challenge getting there, we had a great time. The flowers are amazing and they had a petting zoo for the kids. It was so fun. But the babies didn't nap on the 45 minute drive over and then were all messed up on their afternoon naps. Despite all of that we all had a great time. It was wonderful spending time with the Andrews since it has been so long since we have done that! Ely had a great time running crazy with Price and Charis!
| Ely was playing hide and seek with Price and Charis |
| This is how most of my pictures of the 3 of them looked |
| Molly is wanting to escape! |
| If truth be told, the bus ride was probably the highlight for the 4' and under crowd! |




No comments:
Post a Comment