Blog background

Monday, March 26, 2012

A busy Monday

I woke up Monday morning determined to be outside most of the day.  I am realizing that it is my job as a mom to get us out of the house and away from electronics.  I am the one that has to push this agenda because Ely is happy inside!  It is hard but the outcome is worth it.  After breakfast we typically play in our playroom, today we took the fun outside.  

Al and I are struggling with Ely's un-waivering desire to play the Wii and watch TV.  I was hoping that after a month or so of playing it, he would loose some interest.  This hasn't been the case.  It has started to become an issue.  Thankfully, after talking with some friends who have young kids, I have learned Ely is not unique. We are earnestly trying to promote an active lifestyle with our kids.  It is so easy for time to get away from me and before I know it he has had much more "electronic" time than he needed.  Monday was a good day of being in the sun!

Big boy Luke wanting to take Ely's truck for a spin.  Before I know it his feet will touch the petals!

First they have to figure out which way is front:)

First time in the Flinstone car :)

Meanwhile, Ely started a weeklong search for rolly poleies

This picture makes me laugh - I don't know why
After morning naps, we hit our favorite lunch spot with our favorite lunch mates - Chick Fil A with the Kaspars.  This was Brody, Luke and Molly's first time in the play area!

After  lunch, we thought we were headed home for some down time but after spotting the Cheatham girls at our duck park with their Gigi, we had to make an extra stop.  It was so worth the delayed naps!








Our day ended with the babies' first "eat your own" spaghetti meal.  It was a huge success!





No comments:

Post a Comment