Blog background

Saturday, March 3, 2012

The time has come!

Well, this morning marked the start of something I have been postponing for the last 5 1/2 years.  Ely's very first team sport has started - T-Ball!!  We are proud members of the Rangers team.  I do not have a problem with baseball or anything I just knew that once we started sports this would be our life for many, many years.

Ely has loved his 2 practices and his first game.  I am enjoying meeting new moms and luckily there are several team members have 1-2 year old siblings, so the twins are in great company.  T-ball is great.  Each team bats twice and each player bats per "inning".  There are no outs (although, if they were counting outs, Ely totally would have gotten a kid on 1st!) and it is just fun!

So far the only down side is the time of the games - 8am.  We are always awake at 8am but mind you, we are still in pjs just starting breakfast.  So, I am now setting my alarm for 6:45am, getting myself ready, waking the twins, dressing them and feeding them all before 7:40.  Ely had spent the night at Leah's last night so she brought him home fed and dressed - what a huge help!  I am lucky to have Leah who has done this with her 3 boys.  She knew to label Ely's hat, glove and bat - things I never even thought of doing!  I don't think I will be letting Al be gone for any future games - too much for this mama!

I did get some great pictures but I didn't get much on video.







No comments:

Post a Comment