Blog background

Monday, July 4, 2011

Put in my place

On Saturday night Ely sure did put me in my place when I put him to bed.  We had the Sudbeck's over for an afternoon of swimming and grilling out.  After the kids watched a very late movie, Ely and Ava didn't got to bed until almost 9:45pm.  Since it was so late I was trying to shorten the bedtime routine anyway I could.  It typically is brush teeth, put on pjs, read 2 story book, 1 Bible Story, prayers and good night.  Luckily pjs were already on, so I brushed his teeth ever so quickly and said, "OK, 1 short book and we will say prayers".  Ely said what about Bible Stories and I just said we would do them on Sunday.  Ely looked at me and said - "Mommy, we HAVE to do Bible Stories or Jesus will be sad".

Well, I couldn't really argue with that!  I honestly don't know if he was really wanting to hear the next story or was just not wanting to go to bed but he sure did make his point!  I am surprised every day as to what comes out of my child's mouth and I can only imagine what the twins will come up with in a few years!

No comments:

Post a Comment