This afternoon I have had a few hours alone with just the babies. It has been such a fun, quiet time. I wonder when it will stop surprising me that I have two babies. A year ago today we found out we were pregnant with twins. After 18 months of trying to get pregnant and having a miscarriage, the news delighted us. We were those crazy people who have always wanted twins. One year later, our babies have been with us for 5 months and 2 days. Crazy, huh? Each month is better than the last. I know that won't always be the case (when we hit terrible twos, or the teenage years) but for right now we are enjoying each smile, each belly laugh and each new excitement they bring to our family.
My favorite time with each of them is when I "rescue" each of them after a nights sleep or a nap. Even after the shortest of catnaps, they wake up happy and smiling. Working full time when Ely was this age, I didn't get to experience this nearly as much except on the weekends. In the early months you just never think that they would be so excited to see you and now, all of the sudden, they are giving back with the biggest, toothless grins ever. It is the best!
As for their stats.... (I will preface this by saying - I have know idea how much they weigh!)
Luke is still our biggest baby. He finishes most bottles down to the last drop. He has mastered the Podee which has given me a new lease on life. He is my easy smiler. Just talk to him or give him the least bit of attention and you get a dimple filled smile that will melt your heart. He and Molly love to lay next to each other. When they are in arms reach, Luke is always touching Molly - holding hands, touching her head, face, leg. Whatever her can reach. And the best part is - she loves it! He does seem more independent than Molly. He is content to play in his exersaucer much longer than sister and even if she isn't in the one right next to him, he can still play peacefully. He has started playing games with us. He loves to blow raspberries and spit out his paci. He still loves that thing but now uses it as a game! He is just learning to put it back in his mouth if he takes it out. Although Molly rolled over first, Luke really enjoys doing it. We have found him several mornings on his back instead of on his belly where we left him! What a big boy!
Molly is our cuddle bug. She loves to be held and is most content in someones arms. If she can't be held then she better be close to Lukey. She is smiling more and when you get right in her face she opens her mouth in a smile that will just take your breath away - she isn't happier than if she is close to you and is being talked to. She loves being sung to as well. Too bad we are all terrible singers but she doesn't seem to mind! Molly also loves the pool, bath or lazy river. I have a feeling she is going to be our water bug! She has really found her hands now and is getting better at reaching and grasping for toys.
Although both babies are great sleepers, Molly still takes the cake. She naps and sleeps like clockwork (until I actually type this and will probably not sleep at all tonight!) Both babies sleep 7:30pm - 7:30am (although Luke still wakes up at 6:30 for an hour of cuddle time - smart boy to get it in while sister is still sleeping!). Although I worked really hard to establish a good sleep schedule, I am fully aware that they could have been horrible sleepers by nature and I am glad they are not!
It is amazing that I can actually leave them both in an exersaucer or on the floor together and they are content for 5-10 minutes. This may not seem like a lot but this was NEVER the case with Ely. One of the best things about having twins is watching them grow together - to see their differences as well as how much they enjoy being together. They are starting to be much happier together than apart but are each content if being held and then they don't care where the other one is! I am starting to make a more concerted effort to hold and cuddle each of them - either before nap time or while one is sleeping or just different times of the day. They are just entering my favorite part of baby-hood and I am loving it.
I now know why day care and nursery workers always wear smocks - I have never been spit up on as much in my life. It is due to the sheer number of hours I am with the babies. Maybe I should get one and save some laundry!
Thank you for all of you who have loved our babies the past 5 months. They are our treasure (along with big brother Ely). Speaking of Ely, he loves Molly and Luke just as much now as he ever has. We still have not had any jealousy issues which is darn near miraculous considering how much time they all 3 spend together. Ely loves being home with them and I can't wait to see their friendship grow!
| Ely can't stand to not be in a picture! |
Online casino games free spins offers are amazing as players get additional game time and an opportunity to check out their luck by using free 카지노사이트 spins
ReplyDeletehttps://www.omcyy.com/sandscasino
ReplyDelete