Blog background

Monday, July 4, 2011

4th of July Weekend

Happy 4th of July!

From:

I am not sure if I take more pictures than anyone I know or just share more than anyone I know :)  We have had another great weekend.  Since my camera is back from it trip to New Hampshire and is good as new, I have gone  picture crazy again!

We have had an action packed weekend and the best part it, we really have had a relaxing weekend and it hasn't been so busy that we didn't enjoy everything.  One if the things Al and I love to do is travel.  Since the babies are so young this year we knew that this was not going to be the summer to be on the road a lot. We had talked about this about a month ago and we both decided that we would really spend time enjoying the house and a summer filled with great family time.  This weekend was a perfect example.

Friday (I may have already mentioned in a previous post), Ely and I met Ava and Joanna at The Ark.  Joanna and I were able to catch up while Ava and Ely played and played.  Despite the 2 year age difference, these two have so much fun together!


Friday night Al and I had a real live date night.  It was so needed and although we didn't stay out late we had a great time.  Al's cousin, Emily stayed with Molly and Luke while Ely was at his MawMaw's house.  We had to document the night with a picture :)  We went to Central Market for dinner with the McMOMs group I am in.  (McMOMs= Mid Cities Moms Of Multiples).  We knew 2 couples and really enjoyed talking with some new folks.

Saturday Al treated me to a morning in bed.  I didn't get up until 8:45!!!!  I haven't done that in a long time!  We got all of our yard work out of the way so that we could enjoy the rest of the weekend work free.  Saturday afternoon the Sudbecks came over for grilling and swimming.  We had a ball and although they left "early" (11:45) I was ready for bed :)  We always have such a good time with them but we missed the Buckmasters!







By the way, if you want a very easy and scrumptious grilled chicken, try beer-can chicken (or drunken chicken or dancing chicken).  It is to die for.  Al was king of the grill this weekend!

Sunday we had a wonderful church service at FBC Coppell and after an afternoon nap (for me!) Al and I got ready for our annual Concert in the Gardens.  One of our favorite traditions is now 10 years old!  Each 4th of July weekend Al and I go to Ft. Worth Botanical Gardens to see the FW Symphony and a wonderful fireworks show.  This was one of the very first outings we did when we moved to the city in 2001 and we look forward to it each year.  Many times we go alone but we have also taken friends and family.  This year we went with Jane and Scott.  The only rule we have is that we don't bring kids.  I guess that means we actually had TWO date nights this weekend!!  We love hanging out with Jane and Scott and all agree we don't do it enough.  Thanks to Leah for watching all 3 kids for the first time so that we could have this fun night.


Jane was sweet to bring a mister but it couldn't handle the real fancy Fiji Water -
broke almost as soon as we wanted to use it! 




Monday, 4th of July, was another fun family day.  We went to the Woodland Hills Neighborhood Parade and cookout in the morning.  The parade was fun and lasted about 5 minutes.  Oh well - the kids got candy and stickers and were able to see a fire truck - what more do you really need from a parade?  We went with the Andrews, Cheathams and Kaspars.  The neighborhood association hosted a picnic of hot dogs and brisket afterward and it was so yummy!  I am not sure everyone else intended on such a walk this morning in the heat but we still had a blast!  After another round of naps (yep, that is 2 in a row, people!) Leah and Graham came over and we enjoyed the afternoon outside full of baseball and pool time.  The twins got in the pool for the 2nd time this weekend.  I hate that I don't have any pictures of them in the pool yet!  Maybe before the summer is over :)

Ely and Campbell

Charis and Price


Best picture of all the kiddos !

All the boys!

The Cheathams!

Just enjoying the neighborhood!

Al and Ely are at the Bedford fireworks as we speak.  I am home with the sleeping babies enjoying some "me time" and getting caught up on uploading pictures.  I was quite behind.

I hope everyone had a great 4th of July!

1 comment:

  1. I am glad you guys had a fun weekend! We missed you guys and Concerts in the Garden this year for the 4th! We'll just have to make sure we go next year :). We need to get together soon!

    ReplyDelete