Blog background

Friday, July 1, 2011

Good fun! Great Friends! Little cabin!

Last weekend was our 9th annual Smouse Family Vacation! This is our yearly Summer trip with our HomeTeam friends. We have been to the woods of Oklahoma, hill country, Lake Conroe, and for the 2nd time-Canton. We are the only people I know who go to Canton when it is NOT First Monday Trade Days. As always we had a fabulous time.

Friday, al came home Early from work so we could get to Canton before the babies' 3:30 bottle. Despite a major wreck in Dallas, we made great time. After naps, Friday night was spent by the pool. Both babies made it in the water! Ely had a blast chasing after sweet Chase Panno. I swear Ely has a man crush on Chase! After the kiddos were tucked into bed, the adults enjoyed some quiet time chatting under the stars.


We started Saturday with a (if I di say so myself) a fabulous breakfast of cinnamon rolls. They were so yummy! After everyone was all lathered with sunscreen we hit the waterpark. It is a perfect six a for our group-although I don't think any of us reached the minimum tattoo requirement that other patrons were so proud of!!! I had planned on the twins staying at the cabin and Al and I would take turns at the park with Ely. But, I am proud to say, after good morning naps, all 5 of us hit the park full speed ahead. They especially liked the beach area at the kid slide and the lazy river. We all went around 3 times! The babies and I lasted about 2 1/2 hours. I took the babies back for a very short nap while al stayed at the park with Ely. They had a great time and spent hours in the wave pool.


All tuckered out after having lunch at the park



After a rest time we all went to BBQ for dinner.  It was delish and VERY kid friendly.  It was hard to believe the twins (both ours and the Cheatams) were able to sleep through most of it!  After dinner, was the annual game night - the Smouses did an awesome job of putting together Minute to Win It games for us.  Al and I were pretty busy with the twins so we didn't get to participate much and I don't think our team won, but it was still fun!
I just love this picture of Harleigh.  Her smile can melt your heart

Molly is all girl and Luke is all boy - even down to their toes!

Ready for bed after a fun Saturday!

Sunday morning we returned to Blueberry Hills blueberry farm for some good old blueberry picking.  It was fun but certainly more challenging with the twins.  They were hot - not so much from the actual temperature but the humidity was just terrible.  After everyone got their fill of blueberries (either in their bucket or straight from the bush to the mouth) we headed back to Canton for a buffet of Mexican and American cuisine.  Never have I seen enchiladas and fried chicken on the same spread!
Luke slept through most of the picking time!




We were back in Colleyville by 2pm (it is great that Canton is so close!) and had a relaxing afternoon at home.  I decided not to tackle laundry or getting the house back in order until Monday...or Tuesday :)

No comments:

Post a Comment