Blog background

Friday, July 8, 2011

And its only 2 o'clock!

Today has been a busy Friday.  After a day of "challenges" with Ely yesterday I decided that today would be a "no TV, computer, iPad" day.  This was not welcome news for him at all :)  So, in return, it is a challenging day for me to keep him busy while not being tempted to turn on any cartoons for him (for those of you who don't know the best/worst trait Ely has is LOVING technology.  It is wonderful when you just need 30 minutes or an hour to get something done but a horrible thing when you are trying to not have him turn into a TV junkie).  Anywho - it is not quite 2pm and so far we have...

6:30am - gone for a jog (just me, no kids)
7:00am - return to find Ely raring to go but luckily twins are still sleeping
7:30am - twins wake up and is time to feed them while Ely eats breakfast
8:00am - Ely plays with babies while I do dishes
8:30am - Twins are napping.  After Ely dresses and makes up his bed, we play mini golf
9:45am - babies wake up, we dress them
10:30am - we are in the car headed for the neighborhood park - play catch, go for a walk and tell stories
11:30am - take Ely to Primrose to do Splash Day, go back home and feed babies and make cow costumes for lunch at Chick-Fil-A
12pm - pick up Ely with Molly still eating in the car, run back to the house to pick up part of costumes that were left
12:30 - arrive at Chick-Fil-A along with 100s of other excited cows for free meal day
1:30pm - come back home and put babies to nap
1:45pm - Ely resting
2pm - here I am and if I get off the computer then I can rest myself!

What is the afternoon going to hold after all this fun?
Ely playing with babies this morning
Free lunch at Chick-Fil-A if you dressed up like a cow!

Luke loving Chick-Fil-A (he is already for next years dressup day!)

The best part of the day so far happened on our walk...I guess it is duck molting season because we saw lots of duck feathers scattered along the pond.  Out of the blue, Ely said "I think Grandaddy sent us these feathers from heaven.  I mean, he probably pulled them out of the ducks he killed for us!".  We have been having lots and lots of conversations about my dad, his Grandaddy, lately.  It is wonderful to know that although Ely never knew him, he is still part of my little boy's life.  Al and I had talked a lot about keeping my dad alive in memory so that our kids could learn what a great man he was and how he loved his family.  So far, so good!

I asked Ely to tell me something about his Grandaddy and he said "He loved Auburn Baseball and killing ducks".  So true!  Now, if we can make sure that he knows Dad also loved the Lord and his family (and Auburn Football), we will be doing great!!!

We might just keep these feathers for a long time!

No comments:

Post a Comment