I believe that two things God blessed our family with are brothers-in-law who get along and cousins who love each other. For 2 years now, Al and Drew have planned a hunting trip together. I love that they are able to enjoy something that my dad loved so very much - Hunting! This year, it worked out that Shelley and her girls were able to fly out with Drew so that we could spend time together in Dallas while the boys turkey hunted. We all had a great time.
First off - the mighty hunters...
Drew started the trip off strong getting the 1st kill
Al followed up on Friday with 2 more.
Even though they came back smelly and gross, Shelley and I were thrilled they had such a good time. I am glad that Al didn't want to keep any!!
Now, for the fun stuff. Shelley and the girls were at the house Thursday - Sunday last week and we had a ball. I will say, I don't think I had fully prepared myself for the additional people in the house with 10 week old twins, but I was grateful for the extra hands and for Anna Beth to be a wonderful playmate for Ely. Each time he is with his cousins it proves that distance doesn't have to dim the friendships he has with Hudson, Haisten, Anna Beth and Katie.
 |
| Aunt Shelley, Uncle Drew and Luke |
 |
| Uncle Drew, Molly, Daddy and Luke |
 |
| Molly smiling at Uncle Drew |
Thursday we had a fun lunch at Chick Fil A. We had a quiet afternoon since the Kelleys had been up since 4am to travel to Dallas. The afternoon was gorgeous so we played in the yard and rode bikes and scooters. Although we do not have princess dresses, Anna Beth made due with our super hero costumes.
 |
| Lunch at Chick Fil A |
 |
| Sweet cousin giving Ely a hand! |
 |
| Anna Beth on the go |
 |
| Aunt Shelley and Katie |
Friday I had planned to go to the Fort Worth Zoo but 40mph winds prevented us for going (not the best weather for the twins) so we spent the morning at Paradise Pond in Grapevine. All 3 of the kids loved playing there. If you haven't gone, it is a ton of fun. Friday night Shelley and I took the "big kids", Anna Beth and Ely to Casa Manana to see "Brer Rabbit". It was so good and although a bit hard to make the transition with the characters, both kids seemed to love it.
 |
| Aunt Shelley, Anna Beth, Stacy and Ely before our trip to Casa Manana |
 |
| Anna Beth and Ely at Casa Manana |
We woke up Saturday morning to much better weather - sun was shining and there was very little wind. We started the day with our neighborhood Easter Egg hunt. This was the first time we had participated in it, so we had a ton of fun! There is nothing better for a 3 1/2 and 4 1/2 year old than getting pretty eggs filled with candy :) For lunch, mom took the big kids to see
Rio at the Colleyville Movie Cinema. It is a movie grill and was the first time for any of them to eat lunch while watching a movie. They had a great time.
 |
| Grammy and her girls! |
 |
| Aunt Stacy, Anna Beth and Katie |
 |
Kids before the big hunt!
|
 |
| Ely and Anna Beth at movie theater |
We were all glad to see the boys when they walked through the door on Saturday afternoon. Once they were all cleaned up, we headed to our favorite summer eating place...Central Market! Before dinner, we went to Southlake Town Square for the Arts Festival. The kids loved the bouncy houses!! I think Shelley and Drew enjoyed Southlake it as much as we do each week.
Sunday came too quickly and after church, the Kelleys were loaded and headed back to the airport. Unfortunately, we had to turn around, head back home and they got to "enjoy" another 3 hours in Dallas. Once again, I am grateful we live so close to the airport. It was especially hard for Drew since he came down with a stomach bug - it was not a fun way for him to end the trip.
 |
| Cousins all ready for church |
I was grateful for mom being in town and sharing the weekend with us. The only thing that would have made the weekend better would have been for the Hills to be here and all the cousins to be together.
I did learn one very important lesson this weekend. I have to slow down with the twins. They are such good babies, but we all are happier to eat most meals at home and to nap at home. This might be common sense for most mothers with 10 week olds, but I like to be on the go and not miss anything. After a couple of breakdowns, I have realized that this time is for my babies and if my life is a bit slower paced right now, it is okay and in the long run, even better! I will carefully plan my days from now on and not expect them to eat great or nap great if I push them too much.
Such a sweet visit. PS. Drew is holding Molly, not AB
ReplyDelete