Blog background

Sunday, April 24, 2011

Easter 2011

It seems as though we have been celebrating Easter all week at our house.  Reflecting on that, there isn't a better holiday to celebrate all week - from Palm Sunday to Easter Sunday.  Last week we started with the neighborhood egg hunt with the Kelley cousins and Palm Sunday service.  This week we wore our Easter "play clothes" and talked with Ely about Good Friday and why we really celebrate Easter.


Friday, Al came home from work early and we enjoyed the beautiful weather by having a picnic dinner at a local park.  Tubby came along for the ride and really enjoyed it as well.  After the kids were in bed, Al and I opened a bottle of wine and sat out on the patio - one of our favorite activities this time of year.  I think it was the most we have talked without interruption for about 11 weeks now!






Saturday we busied ourselves around the house with a little yard work, I was able to go for a walk/run by myself and then we had our annual HomeTeam Easter Egg Hunt.  It was another huge success.  Al and I were feeding babies for the group picture so I don't have one on my computer.  Others took some and they were great.  Ely loves an egg hunt and realized that if he ate the candy as he picked up the eggs, I wouldn't actually know how much he ate!!  The only downside to Saturday was that he ate so much candy, his stomach couldn't handle it!!  Saturday afternoon we dyed eggs at home and got ready for Easter Sunday.






Today was a great day - I love Easter Sunday and I love sharing it with family and friends.  The new dresses, church filled with people, and the feeling of celebration in the air.  Having a little girl in the family I am now enjoying Easter Bonnets!!  We went to church with Peter, JoAnna, and Ava Sudbeck and Al's mom, Leah.  Pastor Clayton spoke about the 10 Plagues in Egypt during the time of Moses and the great Exodus.  It was wonderful how he tied it into the Passover celebration that Jesus was celebrating at the time of his death.  This year I am trying to read through the Bible.  As a 32 year old I feel like it is about time I did this.  Anyway, I am going through the laws of Moses and this week I have reflected on how grateful I am that we are not under the Law anymore and that Jesus came to free us from our sins and bondage.  I am so grateful for the ultimate sacrifice He made so that we can live in freedom in our relationship with the Lord.  What a Glorious Day to celebrate!  We have talked with Ely about Jesus' death and resurection.  Although, I don't know if he gets it all, I pray that these teachings will be second nature to him as it was for me when my parents taught me.

After church, we enjoyed lunch with Leah, the Sudbecks and George and Lindsey Buckmaster.  Al's brother Jon was unexpectedly in town and was able to join us as well.  I am grateful to have friends that do not mind dining off of plastic plates to cut down on cleaning!  Ava and Ely enjoyed an egg hunt at the house as well as their Easter baskets.  We are so lucky to have such wonderful friends and family to celebrate the holidays with.








This is the dress that my sister, Shelley wore home from the hospital.  Mom made it as well as the bonnet!

Al and Ely rushed off to the Rangers game after lunch.  Al took Ely and several other dads and sons joined them.  I hear they are having a great time!!

I hope you all had a wonderful, relaxing Easter Sunday and were able to take time to cherish what is truly important in life!

No comments:

Post a Comment