Well, Grammy is back in Dallas and we couldn't be happier. When she was here for her very long visit, I was in such a fog with the babies that we stayed at home a lot and didn't do anything real special with Ely. Today we decided to take Ely out of school after lunch and check out the Butterfly Museum at Fair Park. Ely has been learning about butterflies at school so he was really excited about it.
The Butterfly Exhibit has been open about 18 months and is a secret treasure at the Discovery Gardens at Fair Park. We were literally the
only people there this afternoon. There were hundreds of beautiful butterflies all fluttering about and we also got to walk through the gardens, which were lovely. Here are some fun pictures. The only negative thing about the exhibit is the heat. They have created a tropical environment - hot and humid. I have been to other butterfly things and it wasn't this tropical. Both mom and I were sweating not 5 minutes after we got there. I have decided that this would be a great activity in January!!
 |
| Grammy, Molly and Ely |
 |
| Caterpillars changing to butterflies |
 |
| This is an Emperial Moth - the wing span is 10"!! |
 |
| Ely found a caterpillar |
 |
| and then decided to let it go free! |
 |
| I believe the babies are ready to go! |
No comments:
Post a Comment