In our house we have a lot of conversations about diapers, pull ups and peeing in bed. Some of you know that even though Ely is completely potty trained, he has not been able to wake up dry (precious few days has this happened). He is our great pee-ier! I say this lovingly. At least 3-4 times a week he wets through his pull up and soaks his sheets. Now, we have tried everything we can think of - regulating the amount he drinks at night, putting him in 2 pull ups, putting him in 2 pull ups with a wash cloth down the front to add extra absorbency. I have woken him up in the middle of the night to pee and he STILL wakes up wetting the bed. We have also tried EVERY pull up/night time big boy diaper on the market. I will say that this is the one thing I can blame completely on Al. I have learned that bed wetting is hereditary on the dad's side and Al wet the bed until he was 9. My children have no hope!
So, with that said, I was none too happy when for 2 nights in a row my precious babies also started wetting through their diapers and soaking their sheets. Yes, I have THREE children who are wetting the bed with diapers on. A total of THREE beds to change sheets on.
This mama is putting a stop to it. I went to Target yesterday and invested in 4 different types of diapers (small packs of course). For the babies, I have Target brand, Pampers, Luvs, and Huggies. So far Pampers and Luvs have failed the pee test (Luke woke up soaked through both). Tonight we are on to the Target brand (I secretly hope this is the one b/c it is the cheapest!).
Ely is now back into wearing a overnight diaper under his pull up. He wasn't happy about going back into diapers but didn't fight me either. This morning he woke up with a full diaper but a dry sheet. At this point, I can't complain.
Stay tuned for which brand wins the Amerson Diaper Challenge!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment