On Friday, the sun was shining in Alabama, Texas and most importantly in London! I had been waiting 5 months for the wedding of Prince William and Kate Middleton (pardon me, Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge!) Maybe I wouldn't have been so into it had I not spent so many years planning weddings myself, but boy I was all wrapped up in it! On Thursday night I checked my DVR no less than 7 times before going to bed. On Friday morning I hosted some fabulous ladies in a watch party. We had so much fun.
I made a light brunch complete with homemade scones (I am quite proud of these!) and mimosas!! The wedding did not disappoint. Catherine Middleton looked every bit a Princess and the ceremony was amazing. My favorite moments were of Prince Harry sneaking a peak of her walking down the aisle and saying to William, "Wait to you see her!" (yes, we rewound it until we figured out what he said!). With all of my anticipation of this wedding I loved every minute of it.
| Orange Cranberry Scones - simply perfect :) |
| Watching expectantly! |
The babies even watch the vows, and yes, they were dressed up in their finest! Molly wore my sister, Shelley's, dedication dress and Luke wore an outfit of Hudson or Haisten's.
A huge thank you to JoAnna for the wonderful wedding decor. She had brought back a poster, some post cards and coasters from London for me! Everyone had their picture made with the Prince and Princess upon arrival!
Saturday should have been a day of recovery, but I was up early for my last event at PCBC! I have been kept on retainer until this week to help with the transition to my wonderful replacement, Christian. She has done such a wonderful job and I am grateful for this transition time. My career at PCBC was not long - only 3 years but it was sweet. I met the most fabulous, loving people and I will cherish each of the relationships I had built while there! If you are ever in Park Cities on a Wednesday night, they serve dinner and it is good - plus, the best deal in town! I left my computer and keys and wrapped up things with Christian before I left. I guess I am now, officially a full time stay at home mom. I love it!
Al had the 3 kids most of the day on Saturday. Too bad, there are not any pictures to share. I think he had his hands full as Molly was less than cooperative most of the day! It was wonderful for me to be out of the house for most of the day and I thank him for supporting me!
I finally got to rest on Sunday - it was wonderful! Al even took a nap too!


No comments:
Post a Comment