The day after the babies' dedication and mothers day, I started my 3 week trip in Alabama. Mom helped me fly home with all 3 kids and boy is there a lot of thought that has to go into packing 4 people for a 3 week trip. We had a lot of luggage!
Now that the trip is half over, I thought I would take time to update the blog while the babies are sleeping and mom and Ely are at the lake.
Monday, May 9th, we took an early flight to Birmingham - we had to get up early but I wanted to get it over with! Ely, Molly and I were on one side of the plane and Mom and Luke were in front of us. The babies did pretty good - Molly cried some, but not terribly bad. Ely is a great traveler and is completely happy with a movie and snack! Once we got to Alabama, I started the visit off right with a lunch from Milo's. If you have never had Milo's goodness, you should try it! The kids napped and then Ely and I hit the library and I took him on a tour of Trussville. Having not lived here for about 15 years, things certainly have changed. The elementary school is now the fire and rescue headquarters, there is a fabulous park behind the library and of course, my old house is never quite the same.
 |
| 123 Meadow Lane - my first home (that I remember) |
Tuesday and Wednesday we had quiet days in Trussville - Mom worked in the afternoons so we just hung out a lot! Wednesday night we were able to see Hudson play baseball and have dinner with the Hills. It was great to see Hudson play with his friends and Mike coach those young boys.
 |
| At the park on Tuesday before Mom went to work |
 |
| Hudson at bat |
 |
| The Orioles holding signs that Ely made for them |
 |
| Enjoying some Zoe's after the game |
Thursday, we went to the lake for a couple of nights. It was great to have a change of scenery and to see all of the changes since a tornado came through the area in late April. Mom was lucky and although she lost her big shade tree, there was only damage to her deck and her house was spared. We did lose the beloved trampoline and are now in the market for a new one. The lake is so very peaceful and we have a lot of fun each time we are down there. Friday afternoon we packed everyone up and took the twins on their first visit to Auburn. Molly got a new outfit (of course) and since we planned to go to the AU/UA baseball game, Luke had one one of Ely's baseball onsies - it was perfect...until the rain came. As we were wrapping up our visit at Toomers and had our pictures take, the bottom fell out of the sky and a huge storm blew in - so instead of waiting it out for the game, we headed back to the lake for an early night and some good sleep!
 |
| Toys are always more fun at Grammy's lake house |
 |
| The ultimate bubble bath |
 |
| Ely is learning how to cut the grass - hopefully he can use the push mower before we get back to Texas! |
 |
| My little Lukey, ready for a baseball game |
 |
| Toomer's Manager, Michael meeting Luke |
 |
| Molly and Luke's first visit to Toomers |
 |
| I hope Luke and Molly grow to love Auburn as we all do! |
 |
| This mural is on the side of the building next to Toomer's - what a great piece of art! |
Saturday morning we were back in Birmingham for Hudson's last baseball game. The twins and I stayed at Ashley's so they could get a good nap and bottle but Mom and Ely had a great time watching the boys play ball. Hudson came back to Trussville with us after lunch so that I could take the boys to their first Dog Daze - the annual Trussville festival. It was wonderful to go again. We had a great time. We met up with the Hills for dinner and decided that Hudson and Ely would have fun if Hud spent the night.
 |
| The boys were insistent that Luke and Molly were close during breakfast! |
Sunday was filled with church and then rest :) Nothing makes you feel like a rock star than going back to the church you grew up in with twin babies. It was great to see old friends and to hug necks I haven't in years. One of the best parts of growing up in a small community is that when you do go back, there are so many familiar, friendly faces.
Monday was another quiet day as I mainly spent it packing for our trip to see my grandmother in NC. I will dedicate a whole post to that visit. Our first week went by in a flurry but it is wonderful to be home and in the place that I love!
We all sure do miss Daddy (Al) but it is great to take advantage of this time in Alabama. Al will be joining us for Memorial Day - we can't wait to see him!
No comments:
Post a Comment