I tend to set too many goals for myself. Either too many "To Dos" in a day or too high of expectations for things I plan. Sunday was almost a bust. When we had Ely it took us (I am embarrassed to say) 3 months to get back to church. I look back on it now and think... I only had 1 kid, what were we doing :) At the time we went to a huge church and we could easily not go and no one would ever notice... not great accountability. Now, Al and I are members of a wonderful church, First Baptist Coppell. We love it and we have missed going. Unlike 4 years ago, I have been anxious to get back to Sunday service.
We had tried last weekend but after a long night of little sleep for all of us, we thought it best to catch up on sleep before the week began again (note, I took a 4 hour nap that afternoon and I truly feel that it was a gift from God!)
This week I was determined. On Saturday night I went to bed with a plan...the babies would eat every 4 1/2 hours rather than their typical 4 and I would have the morning feeding at 8:30 to give us until 11:30 before they had to eat again. This goal was all fine and dandy until Molly didn't want to eat after 4 1/2 hours but rather every 3 hours. Now, this wouldn't be a big deal but I was wanting to make it through church without having to feed them. The result was that I spent twice as much time trying to hold her off to stretch her to my ideal time. This meant half as much sleep for me as I was constantly up holding her, replacing pacifiers, etc. After the 4am feeding, she was so charged up from being hungry that it took her another hour to get to sleep that it normally wouldn't have. We ended up getting to my "goal" but it left me absolutely defeated and exhausted. I told mom that it felt as if Satan was trying to keep us from church on Sunday morning. Well, we decided that he wasn't going to win. Tired or not, we managed to all 6 (including mom) get up, have breakfast, get dressed and make it on time to church. God is good! With mom's help, I was even able to go early for a Preschool parents' meeting. Even better, neither Al nor I fell asleep during the service.
We documented the special day with pictures of course!
I was pleasantly surprised that even after the little sleep I actually got, we ended up having a great Sunday - church followed by a simple lunch at home. I skipped my typical Sunday nap so that Ely and I could have a mommy/son date. Thanks to Tara Blair, we went to Casa Manana Children's Theater for the first time to see Pinocchio. It was a great outing for both of us. With 4th row seats, Ely was engaged the entire time.
![]() |
| Ely waiting for the play! |
![]() |
| Ava is rocking Wolverine and Ely is a handsome Spiderman! |
![]() |
| After a costume change, Ely is now Iron Man and Ava is a pint-sized Spider Man (and couldn't be cuter!) |
Friday was wonderful because I got to have a girls night with 2 of my dear friends, Sara and Rachelle. We had great drinks, yummy food and excellent conversation. Nothing is better for the soul than a night out laughing and talking with the girls! Before I left, the babies had tummy time for the first time and Ely showed off his new ski gear! He is getting ready for his big ski trip with Grammy on Sunday!
| Molly on the boy Boppy |
| Luke on the girl Boppy (I need to be more aware!) |
![]() |
| Ely loving his new gloves, goggles and boots |





bless your heart. I am proud of you for making it!
ReplyDelete