Blog background

Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Living in a dream world

As hard as it is to believe I have 5 week old twins, it is even harder to believe that I have been able to have my mom with me during the first month and a half of their lives.  Al and I have been spoiled by mom helping with feedings, laundry, dishes, cooking and entertaining Ely.  Reality will hit like a brick next week when she leaves on Sunday morning.  These pleasant posts might change to an incomprehensible stream of consciousness as I battle true sleep deprivation and life alone with the babies.  It will be interesting to see!!

But today I will wallar in the glory of having help at home.  Today has been idyllic.  We had a long night last night as I was up almost every hour with the babies.  So after the 7am feeding, mom sent me back to bed.  I was surprised when it was....(drum roll, please) 12noon when I woke up again.  Mom had fed the babies by herself so that I could get some sleep.  Yes, I know - this is not the real world.  On top of that, the new TOM's shoes I have been waiting for came in the mail today.  Every girl loves it when a new pair of summer shoes shows up on her front porch!
TOM's red wedges.  My new summer shoe - I might wear them every day!
We even were able to get out and walk the babies and Tubby in the beautiful weather.
Molly after the walk 
Luke after the walk 
I am documenting this not to brag about the great news of my life on easy street but when I am home alone after a week or so, I am going to look back at this and remember, "I was surviving twins at one point and maybe, just maybe I will be able to enjoy life again :)"

2 comments:

  1. love the shoes and love the blog. thinking of you all the time...

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are so sweet and cute! Molly really looks like Ely in this picture to me!

    ReplyDelete