Blog background

Wednesday, March 2, 2011

One month later

Isn't it amazing how much things can change in one month?  No matter how prepared I am for time to go by fast, I am still amazed that little Luke and Molly have been with us for 4 weeks.  One month ago I was miserable.  A month ago today Dallas was hit by a major ice storm that shut down the city.  I was 37 weeks pregnant and at home with Ely as his school was closed for the day.  Atmos Energy had shut off the heat to our house so we were bundled under covers watching endless cartoons and movies as I just didn't have the energy to entertain my precious 4 year old.  One month ago I called my doctor and cried to him over the phone of how miserable I truely was.  I was counting the days and hours until the babies would be born.  Partially because I wanted to hold them in my arms and partially because of just how uncomfortable I was! 

But today....Today was beautiful.  Dallas has enjoyed an early spring the past few weeks.  Most days have been in the 70s over the past few weeks.  Mom and I have been walking, shopping, running errands, and enjoying lunches out of the house.  I feel like a new person.  I have been blessed to have had 2 pregnancies that were free from any complication and I will never take that for granted.  But, if you had asked me a month ago if I would ever feel normal again, I would have laughed.  I didn't feel like I would ever be able to walk upstairs effortlessly again.  I thank God that I can now run up and downstairs without sucking wind or feeling as though I have used the last bit of energy I could muster! 

Don't get me wrong - exhaustion is starting to set in.  Molly and Luke are the easiest babies during the day but sweet Molly Girl thinks that 10pm - 3am is the time for her to shine.  She demands to be held from the 9pm feeding to the 3am feeding.  Al is a trooper and has the babies by himself starting around 9:30 but at about 12:30am I take over so that he can get some sleep before going to work.  It is hard and tiring and I know I still have 6-8 more weeks of this before the babies are sleeping through the night, if we are lucky.  I am grateful for the help mom is giving me.  She is up with me each morning at 3am for the overnight feeding with me.  I struggled with guilt of her not getting sleep at night but I am now just so grateful to not be alone in the middle of the night, I could never thank her for all she has done for me. 

I would never want anyone to read my blog and get a false impression that things are rosey at my house 24/7.  I simply feel every person, especially every mom,  goes through the same struggles with sleep deprivation, balancing all of the needs of babies, older kids and husbands, figuring out when to do house work, etc.  I want my blog and stories to reflect the best of our world.  If you ever want to hear about the hard stuff - call or email... I am happy to share it all with you!

On to the most important part of the blog and what most of you want to see... Pictures!  The babies are growing like little weeds.  I am anxious to see how much they weigh.  I am sure close to 7lbs.  Luke has changed the most - he is really filling out in the face and becoming a chunk like his sister.  Ely is continuing to amaze us with how loving he is with his baby brother and sister.  Each day when he gets home from daycare, he asks us if his babies missed him and asked for him!  He loves to hug and kiss the babies and is really just precious.  Enjoy the last 2 weeks of pictures.  Tomorrow we will have the 4 week pictures up!

Molly's first bath

Luke's first bath

Feedimg time is a family affair

Babies first nap in their nursery (they are sleeping in our room right now)

Thank you Joanna for such cute outfits!

Crazy hair day at school

Dressed for a day of shopping (too bad both outfits got peed on before the day was over!)

Molly in her first Feltman Brothers dress!




Our first Tummy Time!

Haley is keeping their spot warm!
 Good night, sleep tight!

4 comments:

  1. Oh Stacy, the babies are just too cute. I totally understand what you mean about trying to balance everything...most days I feel like I'm just running crazy from the time I get up to the time I go to bed! Your nursery is adorable...I love the colors. Anyway, I hope you are doing well. Please tell your mom and sisters I said hello.

    ReplyDelete
  2. PRECIOUS!!!! Love reading your blog. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures! I'm so glad you are doing so well and getting out so much!!! We can't wait to come visit the babies again soon!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. They are beautiful! I can't wait to visit on Monday!

    ReplyDelete