The summer really has come to a close. I thought it had when Ely started school and then I extended it one more week for Labor Day. Now as Molly and Luke are about to start preschool on Tuesday, I am calling it quits for summer. Since it is still 100F on September 7th, it is hard to put away the white shorts and pants but I am trying!
Other than our month long trip to Alabama, our summer was very low key and we tried to just spend time doing fun things both during the week and on weekends. I must admit I was rather nervous to have all 3 kids home with me all the time. Ely needs to be busy all the time or he will just veg in front of the TV or computer. I had also gotten very spoiled with Molly and Luke's time in preschool twice a week. Thankfully, I did manage to plan a little better this summer and had Ely in camps just about every other week and it wasn't as daunting having the littles home with me. I am thankful for that. Our summer wasn't perfect and had our fair share of fights, meltdowns, timeouts, spankings, etc, but I am thankful for the wonderful moments we captured along the way.
I have a lot of pictures to dump in this post to help tell the story of our 3 months of waking up to the sound of kids rather than an alarm clock. I will try to group things as best as I can! By the week before school started back, the twins had learned how to sleep until 8am - better late than never!
Ely's camps: Colleyville baseball camp, Samford baseball camp, Fort Worth Zoo Camp, Art and Music Camp, GracePoint VBS, Compass VBS, Basketball camp, and Multi-Sports camp! Whew!
Memorial Day weekend started off with a trip to the Fort Worth Zoo. It is crazy that although I know we went (I have pictures to prove it), I actually don't remember the visit. I am sure we had fun. And with all the kids dressing in their holiday festive wear, it looks like we celebrated appropriately!
Fun with Friends happened all summer long. Play dates at the pool and dinners out. It was wonderful for the kids and parents alike. Al had the most fun with his friend, Kevin, on their hunting trip in Argentina!
 |
| Last summer lunch with friends at Braums |
 |
| Al had a great time on his trip to Argentina! |
 |
| Park day with Marek |
 |
| Dinner with the Brendels. I don't actually think we stayed to eat because the wait was too long! |
 |
| Fun at the ball park with our triplet, Whitney |
 |
| OK - so these aren't my friends, but I sure do hope I have a group like this when I am all grey-haired! |
 |
| Me, Jacque, MacKensie, Marsha and Katie |
 |
| Sweet Amy |
 |
| Visit from our favorite house guest, Jon Roth |
 |
| Celebrating our favorite 5 year old princess, Ava |
We had a lot of
"firsts" this summer....
First trip to dentist followed by celebratory ice cream with Grammy
 |
M&L's First trip to Chucky Cheese |
First Beignet Breakfast day
First Mommy/Daughter and Father/Son date day
Molly and I headed to a new water park and the boys hit the Rangers game. Luke lasted all 9 innings!
First allergic reaction - luckily it was quickly controlled by benedryl and steroids!
First sleep over. Marek was our honored guest
First family movie night!
Checking out the
Perot Museum
Projects - Started and finished. These may not look like too many but I am glad to have them done!
 |
| Cleaning out clothes that are too small from the kids rooms |
 |
| 14 bags of my clothes donated to Grace |
 |
| Cleaning up and out the media room |
 |
| Cleaning out pantry |
Upward Soccer I'm lame because this is my only picture!
All the other sweet moments we shared as a family
 |
| Boys loving BBQ |
 |
| PJ morning heading somewhere! |
 |
| They now love a shower |
 |
Where's Waldo Lukey? |
 |
| They can't get enough of each other! |
 |
| Molly, pretend to sleep! |
 |
| Fun at VBS |
 |
| He loves his little ones! |
 |
| Visiting Maw Maw |
Park Time
The Little Things....
 |
| new Target Carts |
No comments:
Post a Comment