Ely's birthday fell on over a weekend when Al was out of town. I didn't want the day to pass without some fun. Molly and Luke joined me for lunch with Ely at school. It was their first lunch with him and did pretty good considering all the excitement. That night, we went to the Rangers game with his friend Matthew and his mom, Marla. It was only more fun when we saw Joseph Floyd and his family. What a big day! It ended up being Marla's birthday as well, so it was super fun. It was a late night capped off with fireworks at the end of the game. If only the Rangers had won...
In the midst of driving between Birmingham and Atlanta to see her #8 and #9 grandbabies and helping my sisters, she squeezed in a short trip to Dallas for Ely's birthday party and my birthday. It was so nice to be with her on my birthday as it doesn't happen very often.
I feel like Ely is officially a big kid now. He requested an all boys sports party. Hello.... where has the little baby gone?? We had a great time celebrating him at Stampede Sports although it was a bit like herding cats trying to keep eighteen 6 and 7 yr olds in one room. My sweet friend gifted me with a bottle of sangria which was certainly consumed after that party! It is hard to believe Ely is 7 now. It is even harder to believe that he was so young looking when the babies were born. He was 4 1/2 and I thought he was such a big boy then. Boy, was I wrong.
Ely is 51in tall and weighs 61lbs!! That is 92% in height and 87% in weight. He towers over more of the boys in his class and on the football field. I would have never guessed I would have a tall kid. I always have to double check the length of his pants before he leaves to make sure they aren't high-waters! He hates wearing anything other than athletic shorts and t-shirts. So he is pretty casual most days. I still make him dress for church, 1st day of school and school pictures. He hates it! He has inherited Al's and my eyesight and was fitted for glasses this year. I think he looks pretty darn cute! It is his first big responsibility and is doing great with keeping up with them so far. I have little doubt that all 3 of my little ones will be in glasses before too long!
Ely seems to be a leader on and off the sports field. He is lucky that he didn't inherit my hand/eye coordination and he is loving flag football. I still don't know if he enjoys it more than baseball but he sure is having fun. He certainly likes to tell people what to do which has been an area that we are working with him on. Like a lot of 7 year olds, he thinks he knows EVERYTHING and doesn't like to be told otherwise. It is so much easier on my physically to have an older kid that I don't have to carry around, change cloths or diapers; however, the responsibility of training him how to be a kind, generous, respectful, hard working young man is quite daunting. We are so very lucky that he is a good kid but I am really trying to focus on having meaningful conversations that will point him to the Lord so that he will begin to desire a personal relationship with him. This parenting thing isn't a joke!!!
![]() |
| That little thing in Ely's mouth was a football whistle. That was a great favor idea before all the boys started blowing them in a not so big room. Mom fail. |
![]() |
| I am pretty sure this is when I lost my mind! |
I turned 35 and will not be announcing my weight, but I will share with you that my shoe size is a perfect 7! I had a wonderful time celebrating with my family on a beautiful Saturday morning at a park and a football game, and then went out for a fun dinner with some dear friends. It was a wonderful day. I always say that I love my 30's. So much better than my 20s and I only hope that each year after this is even better than the one before.
![]() |
| After a morning run, we kicked off my birthday with a Beignet Breakfast. This was the first one mom has had with us! |
![]() |
| Luke might like a little powdered sugar! |
![]() |
| Thank you for celebrating with me, my sweet friends! |









































No comments:
Post a Comment