Blog background

Sunday, September 29, 2013

Mommy time

I wrapped up September with a wonderful trip All. By.  Myself!!!!  I kissed my sweet kids farewell and hopped a plane for Atlanta to meet my newest niece and nephew.  I am very grateful for Al for always supporting weekends like this for me.  Not only to give me a break from the rigors of motherhood and spend time with my family; but also, to welcome time alone with the kids.

This last year has been consumed with baby watch 2013.  Shelley announced she was pregnant shortly after the new year and Ashley was well into her 2nd year of an adoption journey.  We all knew it would be a big year for the Haisten girls.  Shelley had a dramatic end to her pregnancy with an early visit to the hospital while on vacation and the end of Ashley's adoption journey was long and painful.  With all of this, by the middle of September both babies were home safe, sound and healthy in their mommy's arm.  Boy, are we grateful!

I had a whirlwind trip to Atlanta and Birmingham so that I could visit both the Kelley's and the Hills.  I was able to squeeze in 2 dinners with 2 of my 3 college roommates which made the trip even better.  Pictures are worth a thousand words!  I can't tell you how wonderful it was to be able to love on little Garrison and Hanna.  I can't wait for the holidays when we are all together again and I can introduce these precious babies to the rest of my family!

Breakfast with my sweet nieces, Katie and Anna Bethy






There is NOTHING like snuggling with a newborn!

Biggest brother, Hudson and little Hanna


Me and my Hill babies - Haisten, Hanna and Hudson





One last snuggle with Garrison before heading to the airport.
By the way, I did get to see both of the daddies, Drew and Mike but they weren't cute enough to make any pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment