Blog background

Sunday, August 5, 2012

These girls

Because I started this blog after I was married and having children, I rarely share other aspects of my life. As for many of us, one of the most significant times in my life was the 4 years I spent in Auburn.

My Auburn experience was not all that different than most people. I joined a sorority, Alpha Chi Omega, during fall Rush my freshman year, I lived in the freshman (un-airconditioned) dorms, changed majors 3 times, met and dated Al, studied, celebrated Auburn victories at Toomers Corner, skipped a few classes, the list goes on.

But it was 3 girls who helped me figure out who I was and who I wanted to be. Autumn, Alison, Dana and I roomed together (in some sort of combination) for my entire 4 years. Post-Auburn, through ups and downs, marriages, kids, no kids, These are still my girls. They know me-good or bad. They were with me when I got ready for my first dates with Al, long days of Rush, studying, finding careers our senior year, getting married...they are my first calls when I have gotten pregnant or when I am coming back to Alabama. They drove from all over to be with me when my dad died, despite the holiday week when it happened.

We have faithfully made time for each other as often as we can. I love seeing our relationships grow, change, strengthen as we have each "moved on" since our time at Auburn!

I love you girls!!! I "bought" the best friends possible Sept 21, 1996!!!




No comments:

Post a Comment